Daughters first walleye

GFHunter

After a great summer of catching walleyes from everyone elses boat, I finally recieved permission from my wife to buy a fishing boat.
100_0722.jpg

Friday afternoon I packed up my family and my boat, and headed for my favorite walleye fishing hole. After trolling for about 25 minutes my 6 year old daughter had A FISH ON and boy was she excited.
100_0728.jpg

After she reeled it in close to the boat I netted it for her and then she had to pose for the successful catch.
100_0729.jpg

I think my 2 year son was just as excited as my 6 year old daughter.
You got to love the excitment of youth.

Neat pics & great looking younguns there. Noticed the cowling on the front of your trailer...pretty good idea. You pull it on some gravel or rock roads?

T-Bone, This is a 1992 18 foot Lund with 150 HP mercury motor. It also has a 9 HP yamaha kicker motor, and then a minn kota trolling motor (auto-pilot). It also has 2 sonar systems, one on the front and one on the back. 2 Live wells and lots of storage. Nice wide sidewalls for standing on. The person I bought it from is a walleye freek (enters all the montana walleye tournaments) so he kept this boat in emaculate condition. He offered me a good price because I was his buddy and I BIT.

Noharleyyet, Yup we have lots of dirt roads to travel to find the best walleye fishing.

Very nice setup.

Question. If a person wants to drag a kid around on a tube or a ski, where do you attach the rope harness to a boat like yours?

We had a ski/pleasure boat that we enjoyed but unloaded it when we moved. Now the kids and wife are wanting another, but I want one geared more to fishing.

Good work Dean. Looks like some happy kids and a fired up dad and his big-boy toy. I see you drew a lope as well. Good luck putting an arrow in one.

T-Bone, On the back of the boat, There is a metal loop on both sides that can be used for skiing or tubing BUT with this set up you have to be real careful with the rope so close to the motor. You can easily mount a high bar (I'm not sure if thats the correct terminology for it) accross the back of your boat that elevates the pull rope. My friend has that kind of set up and it is very nice since he skiies alot and fishes just as much.

mtmiller, I am pretty fired up about the boat.

I also have a pretty good water hole for my antelope. I should get some opportunities with the bow, but the 7 mag is waiting in the wings if I cannot connect with the bow.

That is a pretty nice looking water sled you have there and looks like you will have no problem filling the seats with happy anglers... Well till they find out boy's are far more interesting than pegging worms onto a hook... :D

Of course it would be easier to keep track of them if the dates were sitting in the seats along with the girls and "DAD"... :D

Congrats on the boat and memories... :)

Thanks Tom. Yeah All my kids are pretty nice looking kids. They all take after my wife. BUT boy do they get on my nerves. Later that evening on that same fishing trip, my son through the net overboard. Man they get on my NERVES!!!!!!

Great pics GF and happy campers to boot....complete with the 'tater chips and the Lil' Mermaid life jacket (thats squeekems favorit too, but that's another story ;) ).

Hey what's the "boating laws" book out for, you weren't being a bad boy on that maiden venture were ya???

GFH,

kids get on your nerves because they are yours. If you had another person on board the boat they would just think it was funny.

Great looking kids and keep them fishing.

Nemont

Nemont, your right it was pretty funny after the fact (Hell It was a cheap net). Even though they get on my nerves, I still look forward to takeing them fishing every weekend. We went to Tiber last weekend and had a ball.

I have never seen a boat shield like that before, pretty neat! They make a Pylon (mspl) that fits where the seat fits into to raise a ski rope so you can avoid the motor. Great boat and pictures. John

That looks like Holter Lake?? I have seen that boat it town (Great Falls), Nice. And yes there is a lit of gravel, I've got a boat "Bra" for mine. hump

Attachments

• Boat Bra.jpg
    Boat Bra.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 116
Nice boat 4570!!! This Lund is the best toy I have ever bought.
Nice hearing from you. Oh and Yes that is Holter, is there anyplace better? I havent found it!!

4570, Yes in deed I do like Tiber. I have never had much walleye success from Eddy to Fort Benton. A few here and there. Now I have caught alot of small mouth through there. The early spring is real fun.

I still love Holter the very best. I have never been to Fort Peck but look forward to it next year.

Back