Daughter's 2006 Buck Part II

Nemont

You may remember that my older daughter took this buck a couple of weeks ago.
PA270357.jpg

And that my younger daughter took this little speed goat in early Oct.
PA130311.jpg

Well my younger one still hadn't filled her deer tag. Saturday was a very frustrating day of spooky bucks and stalks either ruined by road hunters or be blown by sharp eyed does. Just at dark we found a 4x4 muley that was with 8 does but it was too late to even think about getting a shot at him. This morning found us up and glassing for him early. We found him and his does bedded in the middle of a wheat stubble field:mad: We watched them on and off until they got up and moved off to some coulees. We found him standing in a deep draw just 75 yards away. One shot to the top of the back put him down and another into the heart finished him off and my daughter had her first buck.

PB181060.jpg

PB181059.jpg

She was VERY happy to beat her big sister with a nicer buck.

Nemont

I'm envious. All I get from my oldest daughter (8 years) is "Those poor, poor animals. What did they ever do to you?" My youngest (1 year) on the other hand is all about deer. It was her first word...seriously. Congrats to you and the girls. Bet you're a proud pop.

Can I start calling you "Dad"?

Congrats to your daughter and to you, and the whole family. Now go smack some birds to take pictures of....

Congrats!! I am realing trying to get my wife more involved. Seeing pic's like these help, Thanks for sharing.

Back