Damn Myself!

LandDiver

Well drove a solid hour down to the fish and game office to get a license, tag, and see if they have free maps I read some places do. Excitedly stepped out of my truck and happily walked through their doors with my archery certificate in hand (which I've had for over a month now). Walked up to the desk and asked if I could purchase a license and a tag. Well...walked out with nothing lol! Guess I need to take a hunters Ed course as well. Which I can do online, but all the field day classes are booked and closed up through November.

Guess when I read the, "Get bow hunter certified in 3 easy steps" at took it as just that. Took the course, paid my $30, printed my certificate, and I was getting ready to go hunting!

Most likely miss this planned first hunt, which sucks. But rules are rules. Still a little pissed at the whole deal honestly, but nothing I can do. Guess I'll just keep practicing.

Last edited:
Might see if any of your aquaintences are hunters in that area. There is a passport program for people who haven't held a license before, but have not yet passed a hunters safety course. You do have to hunt with a mentor, but it might get you in the field this fall.

Or get with the folks that are doing the field day courses, a lot of times they will sign up additional people and I feel like this is a good reason for that.

Or get with the folks that are doing the field day courses, a lot of times they will sign up additional people and I feel like this is a good reason for that.

In the couple of times my kids have signed up for a course, there have always been no-shows on the day of the training. First come first served fill-in students finished their HS course.

I was little upset yesterday when I came home. But I looked at what I just bought from Cabela's (before I drove to the fish and game office) after I put the kids to bed and told myself, "I didn't do all this, buy all this, read all this, and watch all this to give up." So I started the online course. Finished it this morning. Waiting for my wife's October schedule to come out which hopefully she gets tomorrow at a meeting, and then I will find a field day that's open. All the field days that are 1-4 hours always from me are filled and closed. I will drive 5-6 hours to get this class done, so I can still go on this planned late season hunt. I'm not giving up!

Thanks all! Just came back from the range a couple hours ago. Today is my oldest daughters birthday so we gonna eat pizza like she wants lol!

Hope everyone had a good day!

I second the thought to look into the Hunter Passport program. It's basically a one time only hunting license for anyone who hasn't taken HS. You have to hunt with a mentor but any hunting buddy can be that person for you as long as they are over 18.

Shucks I wish I knew other hunters, or even other men for that matter ha ha. We've been here just over a year. I'm a stay at home father of 4. My wife is AD, and 99% of the stay at home spouses are female. I really don't "enjoy" listening to them talk about other people's business, or their "new" diet, or how their kids are behaving while they are running around screaming. I'm kind of a loner in a sense, but I'm happy. As long as my wife and kids are healthy and smiling I'm alright. The only time I leave the house is for a diaper run, grocery run, or to the gym. Other then that I'm home.

Main reason why I am very excited to learn everything I can about hunting. It'll be nice for me to get out of the house, and breath some fresh air. Hearing nothing but the wind blow would actually be pretty nice lol.

Signed up for the field day this morning. Found a spot that was open 2 hours away. Can't wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back