Dad and I

Turkey3

Well just got back from a hunt in colorado on public ground.
My dad and father in law drove from Oregon, and my buddy and I came fri Minnesota, perfect place to meet in the middle. My dad is 67 years old and I do not know how many more trips he has in him, so this hunt was more than just another hunt. I think we take for granted these times we have with family will last forever but in reality they are gone way to fast.. It was a awesome trip we were in elk everyday, I called in more bulls in two days than I have in two seasons, my buddy was on his first elk hunt with a bow ever, and is now hooked for life, although his year might be traumatized by nightmares as he missed a nice 5 point at 20 yards, arrow hit a branch.. My dad has bever killed a elk with a bow, I don't think he even likes to bow hunt just goes to see me! I called in two huge bulls for him both screaming the whole way he just couldn't hold it together to close the deal. We ended up killing a decent 5 point and a nice eater cow.
The memory won't be me killing a elk it will be the 7 days I got to spend with dad in the mountains. He has taught me e everything I know and truly is my hero. So do not take time for granted and get out there and hunt while you still can!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 381
Congrats on the time spent with family and on the tags notched. Looks like some beautiful country you were hunting. I can personally attest that CO public land hunts (was it OTC?) can be really tough - I spent most of my time bowhiking instead of bowhunting.

Congrats on the fine elk. Those trips do end so take advantage of them any chance you get.

Thats great your taking the time to make them memories. Never hunted with my dad, he didn't hunt but I've been with each of my 3 boys on their 1st kill. Nothing better then hunting with your kids.

Thanks for the replies guys. It was a fun hunt hope we can do it again next year

Back