Caribou Gear

cut my damn finger off

Whiskers

Started the new company up this summer, mostly manufacturing crab traps, oyster keepers, all kind of wire product.

Had a big order come in yesterday, needed to be completed by tomorow evening. While cutting the last piece before starting to assemble, I got my left pinky under the blade. Cut the first inch off. Thought I just smashed it, until I wiped the blood off. Went back outside and found the missing part of my finger.

Now I am way behind schedule. Pays not to rush.

Bummer man, that really stinks. My dad almost did the same thing on a table saw. Your right about the pays not to rush. Hope everything turns out alright.

Wished I lived closer than Eye Duh Ho would surely liked to have been able to help you out. That really has to bite when you own a business and trying to keep it afloat. Been there done that.
Best of luck to you.

Whiskers, I understand your pain. I cut about a half inch almost off of my left pointer finger with my fixed blade hunting knife while in the middle of a elk-packing, mule choking, think fast fiasco (that is too convoluted to describe). Luckily, I was hunting with another veterinarian and he had his equipment with him. Me and Jim Beam got real friendly that evening and he sutured it back on and I hunted the rest of the trip. It ain't pretty but it's functional.

No worries, you don't need it. Shoot, you are still 4 and 1/2 fingers up on me :)

Last edited:
the part I lost is lost. It won't effect my life that much. Hired 3 parttimers to take my place until I regain full use of hand.
That goes to show you the tenacity of a small business person. I had to hire 3 guys to do what I do....everyday. lol

The cool part is the heavy duty percocet they gave me. I can see how folks get hooked on them.

Sorry to hear about your finger, hope you heal soon. Three guys to do your work, that sounds about right. No wonder our economy is in the pooper.

The cool part is the heavy duty percocet they gave me. I can see how folks get hooked on them

Forget it, Just because you still have a extra Pinky........................! LOL John

Over the weekend I went to Blue Rock Sportsmans Club 100 target 3d shoot. Before I hit the course I took a percocet, never shot so good. Probably because I didn' t give a damn. lol.

Bag that sucker up and send it with the crab traps;

Free bait with Whiskers crab traps !!

Business will boom till ya run out of bait !

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back