Custer N.F. in SE MT

Why do I have a feeling most of Montana is going to hate me when we do our YouTube information videos and our mule deer/whitetail episode about hunting in Southeast Montana from last year?

It's going to last a year then they will see that the deer arent standing in the road or behind every tree and they will go back to where they were hunting previously

Why do I have a feeling most of Montana is going to hate me when we do our YouTube information videos and our mule deer/whitetail episode about hunting in Southeast Montana from last year?

My bet is that after this winter your info will be badly out of date. The sad thing is that even in the current depleted condition SE Montana appears to be the Last Best Place in the state.

Nothing but willow horned bucks with milk on their lips in SE Montana. All the big bucks are in Wyoming.

My bet is that after this winter your info will be badly out of date. The sad thing is that even in the current depleted condition SE Montana appears to be the Last Best Place in the state.

You would know that better than any of us. I hope such is not the case, but I fear you could be correct. If so, that is going to be a bummer, as things were finally looking brighter.

Its not like you have to publish the info...

That could be said about any content we film/produce. Our goal is to help self-guided hunters find more public land hunting opportunities. Seems I always get heat from guys who hunt places we film.

Additionally, when we work with Montana Tourism to promote hunting as a form of rural tourism and we say we will help non-resident hunters learn the ropes, we do have to publish the info we promise to deliver. We've done this same thing for Colorado Tourism in the past. I suspect when people see our Arizona and Wyoming hunts and YouTube content from this season, I'll also get some heat from folks who hunt those states/areas where we are filming.

In addition to the deer episode that will air on TV this fall, we have four YouTube clips coming up.

1. How to draw one of the 5,500 non-resident deer tags in Montana, with focus on deer hunting opportunities in Southeast Montana. Will be up this month.

2. How to find places to hunt in Southeast Montana, without giving specific locations. Will be up this month.

3. What opportunity for hunting (by species) and fishing exists in Southeast Montana once you invest in your Montana hunting license, which includes fishing, small game, bird, etc. Will be up this summer.

4. Other places to see and visit when you come to Southeast Montana, plus what businesses are here to help the traveling non-resident hunter. Will be up this summer.​

You would know that better than any of us. I hope such is not the case, but I fear you could be correct. If so, that is going to be a bummer, as things were finally looking brighter.

That could be said about any content we film/produce. Our goal is to help self-guided hunters find more public land hunting opportunities. Seems I always get heat from guys who hunt places we film.

Additionally, when we work with Montana Tourism to promote hunting as a form of rural tourism and we say we will help non-resident hunters learn the ropes, we do have to publish the info we promise to deliver. We've done this same thing for Colorado Tourism in the past. I suspect when people see our Arizona and Wyoming hunts and YouTube content from this season, I'll also get some heat from folks who hunt those states/areas where we are filming.

In addition to the deer episode that will air on TV this fall, we have four YouTube clips coming up.

1. How to draw one of the 5,500 non-resident deer tags in Montana, with focus on deer hunting opportunities in Southeast Montana. Will be up this month.

2. How to find places to hunt in Southeast Montana, without giving specific locations. Will be up this month.

3. What opportunity for hunting (by species) and fishing exists in Southeast Montana once you invest in your Montana hunting license, which includes fishing, small game, bird, etc. Will be up this summer.

4. Other places to see and visit when you come to Southeast Montana, plus what businesses are here to help the traveling non-resident hunter. Will be up this summer.​

Couldn't you have focused all this effort on the Yaak?........

I am thinking that I may want to invest in one of those drive in coffee wagons. I could put it at the top of Home Creek divide on Highway 212. Could be a real good money maker this fall.

I am thinking that I may want to invest in one of those drive in coffee wagons. I could put it at the top of Home Creek divide on Highway 212. Could be a real good money maker this fall.

That way the rural tourists could hit you up for a skinny latte machiaotto on their way to a rendevous with the first 20" four point they see......

Don't forget to swing through lame deer and pick up a couple hotties to work it for you....

Don't forget to swing through lame deer and pick up a couple hotties to work it for you....

I'm going to run it myself and sell scouting information. Seems to be the thing to do in other states. Think any one would pay for where to find a 20 inch four point? Wonder how much I could get for a real monster now days, say a 24 inch buck?

Last edited:

bummer

I'm going to run it myself and sell scouting information. Seems to be the thing to do in other states. Think any one would pay for where to find a 20 inch four point? Wonder how much I could get for a real monster now days, say a 24 inch buck?

There was guy in the Bitterroot offering something (I'm not sure if it was $ or what) for info leading to a 200" Mulie. I don't know what kind of trouble it would have gotten someone into with the FWP, but I think there will always be a market for this kind of thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back