Custer Gallatin help

You can call bs and you are correct it wasn’t one thing that did it. We were headed that way one way or another but with every post that was put on the internet it certainly didn’t help.

Sorry but I’m calling BS on this. The Custer’s spiral started in the mid to late 90s after a guy from Bozeman (not Greenhorn) shot a great buck and put it into Eastmans, complete with photos of a prominent landmark and descriptions Ray Charles could follow.

The ensuing pressure and lack of adaptive management by FWP has far more to do with the deer hunting quality there than this forum, in my humble opinion. The fires of the mid 2000s should have made great habitat. Unfortunately, it took away a great deal of escapement cover for the mature bucks to use when they are being hunted through Thanksgiving.

^X2

There are no secrets anymore Timmy, and it's only a matter of time till another magazine article is written or the cell phone chain gets a new photo. You can thank Guy Eastman, Gohunt, Cell Phones, Social Media and that kind of B.S. for the excess pressure.

I saw a group of 21 freaking guys in one camp last weekend, down the road another 14. How in the hell does that work for an area, it doesn't! All hear on word of mouth, and lets face it ON-X as well. Not saying I don't use it but it sure has seemed to open a lot of shit up to people who couldn't read a map to save their life.

2. Look at the HMA's in the area and call the HMA coordinators prior to your trip. Some of them live out there for the season and are very knowledgeable with what is currently happening on their sections.

This is MT, not WY.

Schrodinger’s forum, advice here is simultaneously good and bad until measured.

So let me get this straight......I need to post a resume of what I've accomplished, some self-gratifying pics and then, and only then should I expect some help. Well shit, must have glazed over that part when I was registering for the forum. Listen fellas, I get it....you have to razz the new guy but don't take me for a newbie. I've spent plenty of time hunting western states with success and failure but just never had the time to hunt SE MT. Some of you resident guys get so pissy when non-re ask for a few tips which cracks me up. Non-res do more for your conservation efforts than you give credit for.

Theyre just messin with you bud. Chill.
Muleys around Broadus. Get up early, hike. Dont find one you like? Hike some more.

Greenhorn.....I've seen some of your other posts. You sure seem quick to malign anyone that might just be looking for a tip or two while trolling these pages just looking for the opportunity to drop the next "zinger". Spend less time here being a pisser and get out and hunt.

Yeah Greenhorn, ya putz.

72 don't wanna mess with the "Oldies" they'll make you cry..."The voice of experience.":cool:

Absolutely, up by Zortman, MT there are great elk numbers. Have had excellent luck there. Also, SE Idaho west of Afton, WY in unit 76. Always in elk there.

Well hey, if that is what you consider to be “advise” then you should go near Broadus. That work for ya???

Good lord.

So let me get this straight......I need to post a resume of what I've accomplished, some self-gratifying pics and then, and only then should I expect some help. Well shit, must have glazed over that part when I was registering for the forum. Listen fellas, I get it....you have to razz the new guy but don't take me for a newbie. I've spent plenty of time hunting western states with success and failure but just never had the time to hunt SE MT. Some of you resident guys get so pissy when non-re ask for a few tips which cracks me up. Non-res do more for your conservation efforts than you give credit for.

I asked that you tell us about yourself. You assumed I wanted a resume. You're wrong. Guys begging for help don't fair so well around here. More likely to find help if your friendly. Hell, I ain't never even been to Montana!

Back