Cushman meets a Creedmoor

So in general some landowners restrict or prohibit access, but gripe when populations get too high and crop or other damage results? Or was it the physical access that was difficult? If the rancher had 300 head feeding there it sounds like half of them could have been or could be harvested off with no ill effect. How many other folks hunted there while you were there?

Not really, it’s a HMA in a Trophy unit. The whole unit is over objective, especially the area where they summer. The land owners and G&F are doing thier best to get the numbers down. This hunt was a joint effort of them working together using hunters as a management tool. Unfortunately, It’s exceeded what Hunting can manage when groups go 2 for 5.

What, did you crawl inside the body cavity? You can keep those fancy sitka jeans way cleaner if you employ the no gut method.:)

These pics are not necessarily in order, just wait until Derek gets on and shares his portion. You won’t believe it....

Did you have this much fun while staying inside the boundaries of legality/morality?

There was elk chasing each other all around 200 yards in front of John. Guess elk need to look more like this to get his attention. C3FD67CE-FBC8-4D6D-8748-ACE4F044AE3D.jpeg

BLASPHEMY!!! No guts means no hearts and livers, silly man :cool:

Liver tastes like, well, liver. And every single animal I have ever shot had no heart left to eat:rolleyes:
Except for the quartering away antelope I shot left handed at 1437 yards through both eyes with my friends right hand Creedmor.......................................

Great read guys! Hunt camp around the fire is missing a gut bustin' element without Cush around, that's certain.

Thanks for taking us along... One of the great threads @ Hunt Talk.

Liver tastes like, well, liver. And every single animal I have ever shot had no heart left to eat:rolleyes:
Except for the quartering away antelope I shot left handed at 1437 yards through both eyes with my friends right hand Creedmor.......................................

I'm not a liver fan either, but my dogs aren't real happy with me if I leave it in the woods. Same with what's left of the heart.::cool:

Tony keeps telling me the elk are right by the pine tree. Well, there's no pine tree on the ridge, only cedars. I finally find a bull in my scope with a cow on the other side of him. I settle my crosshair on his shoulder and wait for him to take a couple of steps. He moves, I'm on her standing broadside and I pull the trigger.....

Who's this handsome dude sitting behind a dead cow elk?
KIMG0295.jpg

WSEH?

But there's more to the recovery story.....

Last edited:
There was elk chasing each other all around 200 yards in front of John. Guess elk need to look more like this to get his attention. View attachment 87667
I knew I wouldn't be let down with the drag queen midget post!
Good job guys! These type of hunts are great and the memories will last a life time. Thanks for sharing.

Well done Cush. Sounds like a great hunt.
Might have to change your handle since you're coming home with meat
The CO one, of course :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back