MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Crestliner owners?

HowaHunter

Any Crestliner boat owners out there? Boats are kind of off topic here but I am looking to pick a few brains about these boats and pricing. I am looking at an 1800 SuperHawk
Thanks

Not sure about Crestliner but I was recently in the market for a 16' aluminum for my dad. Ended up with a Tracker welded 16' Laker model. Very impressed with the quality.

I had a Chrestliner and now own a Lund. I think I like the Chrestliner better. The SuperHawk looks to be a good fish and ski rig and I too would opt for the 18 foot version unless you are just fishing small water. Just a lot more room to move around. I am not a big fan of Mercs though. I would look at the Yamaha's for that size rig. I think you get a better engine.

Thanks for the replies. I also have been looking at Tracker. This Crestliner does not have a merc; it has a 135 Honda four stroke on the back. 27k seems a bit much for a brand new 2009 boat. It is tough to use NADA since they give values of used boats. Anyone with additional helpful info would be appreciated. I have plenty of experience with boats just not with their values/purchase.
Thanks!

My BIL has a Crestliner and I have fished out of it alot. I own a Lund and really love it. 27k sounds plenty high. My Lund with a 150 2-stroke will out run his 115 Yamaha 4-stroke. But i need to stop for gas twice as often. They both fish the same, lots of room in each.

Had one awhile ago kind of got out of the boat scene but I loved it was all welded rather than rivets like the lunds and was a higher quality compared to a similar priced lund at the time not sure if its the same these days though

I have a 17 foot 2005 Crestliner Serenity which is very similar to the superhawk. Great boat if you are looking to use the boat for both fishing and ski/wakeboarding. The windshield sits about a third of the way back on both boats giving you plenty of room up front for bass fishing or passengers. If you are using the boat strictly for trolling, I would go with a boat that has the helm further forward. This will give you more room to move around in the back half of the boat. $27,000 seems a bit high for a 2009 with a Honda 130. The 130 should provide plenty of power for an 18 ft. Superhawk. Overall I have enjoyed my boat and it has been a solid performer.

I have a 2012 Crestliner Retriever 18SC with a 115/80 Optimax jet. Love that little boat, it meets every need for me in a boat. I hung up the wakeboard/wakeskates when I sold my wake boat last fall. It's all about hunting and fishing for my boats now and also running skinny water. ;)

Oh and I agree with others, I don't care if that 09 is brand new way too much $$$$$. worst thing you can do for a boat is let it sit. Although you should still have all the warranties that are included with a new boat purchase. If you want the boat I am sure you can lowball them, been sitting on their lot for 3 years!!

Last edited:
Yeah i thought it was quite a bit high. Thanks for all the replies; may throw the large lowball and see what happens

crestliner bass boat

I have 2001 Crestliner CX1860. Great fishing boat. no problems. I do have one question? Does anyone have a similar model? My windshield is cracked and I'd like to get the proper dimensions to try and have one made. Anyone out there with same boat that you could measure it up for me?
thanks
Bill:)

A good friend of mine had a mid 2000s Crestliner. It was a 18 footer, I forget the model though. It was a great boat. Crestliners are pretty popular around here and also north in Wisconsin, at least judging by what I see on the highway when I head north to fish. They're well made boats.

is is already rigged with electronics that you want, trolling motor, covers you want etc, etc, etc? is the price firm at $27,000? Seems pretty steep as you can buy a 1850 Superhawk, 115, with trailer for $28,741 MSRP. Of course you won't have it rigged but at least you could do it the way you want it.

http://www.crestliner.com/super-hawk-fish-ski-boat/

Nemont

Last edited:
I have a 2001 Tracker Pro tournament 185 semi-V welded hull. I put two Lowrance 520c color graphs on it and one has GPS. Has a 90hp Merc 4 stroke. I would sell it for $7500 and the old man who I bought it from hardly used it. I think you can do a lot better than what you are looking at unless Crestliner boats are like buying a Ranger where the brand is a big deal. I bet you can find a used low hour one for a lot less.

I have a 2003 18' Crestliner superhawk, same specs as the 2009 Crestliner superhawk you are looking at. Have a 90 hp evinrude, goes 38 mph (2 people), trolls at 1.5 mph, fantastic gas mileage (really impressive), full covers, it's all the boat I have ever needed. I troll alot and use the 90 hp.for trolling, works great. I have it on Flathead lake alot trolling for lakers and handles the big water great. Had a lund before this boat, great boats, but had to replace a couple rivets, I like the welded better. I would sell for half the price of that 27k superhawk you are looking at.

Last edited:
I'm obviously not privy to your financial situation OP, but I think I'd consider looking at gently used boats. The first owner gets hosed with depreciation. Granted, if money was no issue I'd probably buy a new one too. Still, there's a ton of like new boats out there for far less money.

For example, I bought a 2005 Tracker Pro Guide V16 in the summer of 2012. It is extremely clean and more than enough boat for the lakes and rivers around here. I paid the guy $5500 cash for it and off I went. The new version of my boat, same exact boat other than graphics, is around 18k. Now I know Trackers will depreciate worse than a Crestliner or Lund, but still. With the money I saved I was able add all the toys to it that I wanted.

Back