Couple Idaho Bucks

IdahoBugler

Here's a few pics of the bucks I was a part of the last few weeks.

My buddy Von and I headed out to some local stomping grounds in late October and found this buck. It was a quick trip but turned out to be a good one.

P1110582-2.jpg

P1110592.jpg

Next, my dad was lucky enough to draw a pretty good tag here in Idaho. The only problem is I also had a tag in New Mexico and would have to leave his hunt early to go to mine. So we had 2 days to find him a buck and if we didn't find one he liked we would have 5 days to hunt when I got back. Unfortunetly the rut would be at the tail end those last 5 days.

We had a great first few days with 40+ bucks found. Five that I felt would score in the 180's. One being the most impressive 3 point deer I have ever seen. He was conservatively 33"+ wide and heavy with a 20" dagger for a G2. My dad wasn't as impressed as he has a hand full of 30"+ bucks. We did find two bucks I had a hard time convincing him not to shoot both were 6x5 bucks, one in the 29" range and the other 27". Here is a pic of one of them.
P1110631.jpg

P1110633.jpg

He stood at 200 yards for over 15 minutes. The buck had a 10" inline between his G2 and G3 and also had an 8" hooked cheater off his G2 on the left side. His right side had a 2" inline between his G2 and G3. The other buck we'll let's just say you will see up close pics soon.

After I returned from NM, we headed back out Friday morning. We had planned to head back into the same area we had been but with the new snow we were unable to make it in. It was pretty apparent that the snow had moved the deer out of the immediate area. As luck would have it we found a way to get into the lower counrty. We saw a lot less deer but fortunetly we found a few from the previous trip. One just so happened to be the wide 6x5. We had passed this buck up 3 times already, he would not make it to the 4th time.

The initial plan was to make a sneak on him to get some video. We snuck over a small rise and found him at less then 100 yards tending some does. The more we looked at him the cooler he got. My dad turned to me and said I really want to shoot this buck. There was no talking him out of this one. The buck stepped out at 125 yards and dad gave him a dirt nap.

This buck was huge. His neck, head and ears were crazy big. His tip to tip ear spread was a touch over 25" in the alert state. His neck was 26" behind the ears and over 30", a few inches behind his ears. His outside spread is 29" and is a 8x6 counting eyeguards. His gross score is 188. If he had atleast decent G2's he would have made the 200" mark. They were only 10" and 11" long.

P1120063.jpg

P1120066.jpg

P1120111.jpg

P1120096.jpg

Another great trip with the old man.

That's a very cool looking buck. The hunting weather looks good, too. Congrats to Mr. Butchman and Von!

Very Cool Bryce. A big congrats to your Dad. Not sure how you convinced him to pass on any of those bucks. Wow.

Great bucks Bryce! Congrats to all of you on those fine trophies. I'd love to see Mr. Butchman's trophy book. If you ever get some of his photos together please post 'em.

IB,

Those are all some great bucks. I would have a hard time believing there are any small bucks in ID from the pictures you post. Come to think of it, I have seen pics of some of the deer Moosie likes and there may be a few around that are slightly smaller.:D

Congratulations to your friend Von and your father. Those are great bucks in any state!

Awesome bucks, I really like your Dad's. He's got some great mass, dark antlers and the symmetry of the extras is way cool. Congrats to all

He looks like a freak nasty old dude. Definitely my favorite kind of Muley, piss on the score. Nice work.

That buck has got some character! Kudo to your pops!
Gotta love being able to hunt with your dad.

Back