Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cost of powder.

If powder and primers were as shipable as bullets and brass would prices be even higher than they are now?

Hate to break it to you but 80,000 is the total weight of the semi and trailer loaded. Mostly we can haul around 40k depending on the setup.

And you would be surprised on how much the skids it’s packed on weighs.
Your right! And believe it or not I drove OTR for 30+ yrs! :)

Bought a pound of benchmark from there the other day for $54. Always higher priced there but they have a pretty good selection of powders right now. Didn’t look at primers as I’m pretty set on those
I don’t think I’ve seen reloader 17 in 3 years or more I couldn’t help myself.

Tell me about it. I shoot RL26 in 3 rifles. 1 burns 79 grains. Apparently an 8lb jug of RL26 is selling for $1000 on gunbroker
or for the low low price of $700 on hunttalk :ROFLMAO:

Have never really used viht powders partially because of their cost but they have gained my attention lately and are the low cost kid on the block now..

I bought a 8lb container of H380 the other day for $430. I was happy with that considering last I had seen the one pound containers were in the 70$ range

If I burn through a barrel 40gr at a time instead of 80gr at a time, the difference in cost of powder at $55/lb will pay for a barrel and most of a chamber job.

If I burn through a barrel 40gr at a time instead of 80gr at a time, the difference in cost of powder at $55/lb will pay for a barrel and most of a chamber job.
I get it. But, you don't have to shoot powder eaters all the time. It's no secret what my favorite hunting cartridge is. I also use two others. I shoot them often, but burn 19 grains in my practice rifle I shoot a lot. mtmuley

I get it. But, you don't have to shoot powder eaters all the time. It's no secret what my favorite hunting cartridge is. I also use two others. I shoot them often, but burn 19 grains in my practice rifle I shoot a lot. mtmuley
But doesn't that make you soft when you get out the BIG gun?

Not powder, but these days are over too I’d suspect. Glad I bought a few lifetimes worth when it wasn’t even considered hoarding.
IMG_1187.jpeg

Reactions: DFS
Back