Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Cost of powder.

Don Fischer

Just looking at powder on line. Though about AA 4350 till I got to check out. I thing it was $40 a pound then got to shipping and $35 hazmat fee! OTR truck's can mostly carry 80,000#. That's something close to 3 million dollars for a truckload of 1# cans of powder. Sounds kind of steep to me!

C294FEB0-5818-40C6-898D-8A833C5C87C2.jpeg
The cheapest most available powder out there. It’s dumb but my 243 likes it. I don’t think reloading components are coming back.

Just looking at powder on line. Though about AA 4350 till I got to check out. I thing it was $40 a pound then got to shipping and $35 hazmat fee! OTR truck's can mostly carry 80,000#. That's something close to 3 million dollars for a truckload of 1# cans of powder. Sounds kind of steep to me!
Hate to break it to you but 80,000 is the total weight of the semi and trailer loaded. Mostly we can haul around 40k depending on the setup.

And you would be surprised on how much the skids it’s packed on weighs.

Hate to break it to you but 80,000 is the total weight of the semi and trailer loaded. Mostly we can haul around 40k depending on the setup.

So $1.5 million? Either way. Seems like price gouging to me

Yea I know that. Drove them myself for about 30 yrs!

Yeah, have a pound of RL22 that is not too old and it has a hand written price of $15.99, will never see that again.

Stop crying and start buying or stop shooting. It is coming back by the way. Were half way there, just waiting for the Large rifle primers to drop.
Half way back? Look at the shelves there is nothing. I don’t see that changing.

I agree with Grizz and believe it’s coming back. I’m seeing some powder and pistol/small rifle primers regularly. There are still some powders and bullets I’m waiting for. The prices stink and I don’t see prices going down much once supply catches back up.

I always check the hazmat fee's of places before I hit the "buy" button. Some places charge way over what hazmat should be and then put a huge shipping fee on top of that. Was nice to buy a bunch of powder and primers together for the one fee

It ain't back until I get my hands on some RL-23.
I sure hope I'm wrong but I believe it'll be a long time before we see RL23 on shelves. I have one pound left and being stingy, should last me for two more years. I'd been mostly shooting alliant powders but lately I've been working on loads using some of the available powders until maybe it comes back.

I always check the hazmat fee's of places before I hit the "buy" button. Some places charge way over what hazmat should be and then put a huge shipping fee on top of that. Was nice to buy a bunch of powder and primers together for the one fee
Buy the maximum allowed for the fee [I think it's 48 pounds per package for powder] like the dealers do.

The only way that I could legally get it there is to load it into ammo and you pull the bullets and dump it out.

Good way to ship primers in a pinch. It's legal to ship primed brass so just ship 100 primed cases and VERY SOFTLY punch out the primers with a decapping die. Return the unprimed cases or keep if you can use them.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back