Congressional Support for Corner Crossing: BHA

So in simple terms we start a go fund me account in the case there is legal trouble to cover lawyers fees. Then decide who wants to be the hero of the public land hunting community. Find a suitable location where the DA will not prosecute, notify the game warden and sheriff. Then send that lucky hunter(s) in with a live streaming on facebook and here to have a confrontation with landowner. Completely make a fool of landowner who would not be prepared for the situation while providing a very high profile case for others in Wyoming to follow.

How about the BuzzH public land corner crossing challenge? I guess they could do it blindfolded when crossing the corner to make it a public land corner crossing bird box challenge. Then hunters from all over the West start video taping corner crossing and posting on your tube.

Vikingsguy seems like the most logical person to answer this so question for you; Couldn't BuzzH and BigFin, decide they want this decided forever and BigFin corner cross and then BuzzH pull out all the stops so that this goes all the way through the system? Are test cases allowed to be that contrived?

Vikingsguy seems like the most logical person to answer this so question for you; Couldn't BuzzH and BigFin, decide they want this decided forever and BigFin corner cross and then BuzzH pull out all the stops so that this goes all the way through the system? Are test cases allowed to be that contrived?

Really anyone who wants to be famous in the hunting world could do this. While everyone is trying to shoot the biggest bull/buck on camera, be the next famous you tube hunting show, try to do cheesy comedy skits, get followers on social media, etc... there are probably more viewers to be had as a corner crossing interstate hunting outlaw from the West fighting for public access for all.

As mentioned simply document the whole thing on camera and I suspect you could get all your legal fees covered and get quite a following on you tube.

I was thinking more along the lines of you, the corolla, and corgi.

Last edited:
"Corner-Crossing Corgis: A modern-day tribute to Edward Abbey"

I'd go to the Hunting Film Festival to see that.

I like the sound of this already. A corgi might just be the perfect animal to show how to properly cross a corner without touching. Who the hell is going to prosecute a guy with a corgi anyway.

What's the corgi's name wllm?

Your dog could be more famous than crusoe the weiner dog.

I like the sound of this already. A corgi might just be the perfect animal to show how to properly cross a corner without touching. Who the hell is going to prosecute a guy with a corgi anyway.

What's the corgi's name wllm?

Your dog could be more famous than crusoe the weiner dog.

Hell I bet even the NJ cat ladies would chip in... his name is Gus.

So in simple terms we start a go fund me account in the case there is legal trouble to cover lawyers fees. Then decide who wants to be the hero of the public land hunting community. Find a suitable location where the DA will not prosecute, notify the game warden and sheriff. Then send that lucky hunter(s) in with a live streaming on facebook and here to have a confrontation with landowner. Completely make a fool of landowner who would not be prepared for the situation while providing a very high profile case for others in Wyoming to follow.

How about the BuzzH public land corner crossing challenge? I guess they could do it blindfolded when crossing the corner to make it a public land corner crossing bird box challenge. Then hunters from all over the West start video taping corner crossing and posting on your tube.
Signed...

Steve Rinella mentioned in one of his podcasts a while back that he wanted to do what you mentioned. Sounds like a great idea to me.

I have no idea what PrairieHunter is thinking, but that is no way to change a law. First of all, it’s a good idea NOT to, “have a confrontation” in situations where folks are often armed.

As said before, the most straight forward path is legislative. If you can’t get that done, you need to find a land owner, local sheriff and local DA who will push for criminal and civil penalties. You can’t set up a sham civil case (I sue my buddy with his permission to make a point) - it does nothing with regard to the criminal law and will get tossed by any half competent judge on the civil side. Then you either need to lose and appeal and win there, or win at local level and have a DA/landowner willing to appeal (many times they will not appeal a local loss in order to avoid making broader precedent, the feds have been very clever with RICO in this way - better to have a stick with some cracks than to have the stick taken away from you entirely). This can be time consuming and expensive (but I guess you can always find an “angel” to fund it for you - there are groups who do this for test cases - BHA?). It can go lots of ways, and sometimes the wins are too narrow to be useful. It often takes concerted action for a decade or more to get the right cases through the system to drive the desired outcome. Maybe if you had a good “story”, a homeless veteran trespassing and an evil out of state landowner pressing charges, you could get enough public sympathy that you could use the social reaction to the suit to drive the legislative side, but you would have to get a pretty dim DA to take that case. The best path would be to have a rabid land owner and a sympathetic DA - one who would push the case demanded by the land owner knowing it was a loser and “invite” overturn on appeal.

But to the original question - creating a big scene as suggested by PH would at best get you nowhere, and at worse blow up in your face (for example hardening legislators or judges against the cause do to poor behavior of the advocates; or literally endin up in violence).

I have no idea what PrairieHunter is thinking, but that is no way to change a law. First of all, it’s a good idea NOT to, “have a confrontation” in situations where folks are often armed.

You also had no idea the biggest meat companies in the USA were foreign owned and think our food supply is safe.

This is a new world. Sometimes one case can actually make a difference, especially if it causes more people to start documenting corner crossing and forcing DA's to make a choice. All it takes is one to get it started. Would spread like wildfire on social media and forums like this. Forces the issue to some degree.

These landowners confront people all the time, it's ok to confront them back sometimes even if you don't get it.

You also had no idea the biggest meat companies in the USA were foreign owned and think our food supply is safe.

Good grief - I absolutely know who owns global meat companies and have for a very long time (and have done deals with most of them) - you are apparently not a very good listener (reader). But that has nothing to do with this topic, so I will move on.

I am happy to discuss approaches to CC progress with others, but in yet another thread, I am done responding to PH.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back