Columbia River Walleye's

Duck-Slayer

Well lived here in Idaho for 13 years with no walleye fishing too speak of:mad: , other than a trip or too back too E. Montana every few years, well I needed a Walleye fix and made the trip over too the Columbia, well its alot closer than I thought and will be back for a yearly trip or two from now on, went between McNary Dam and Boardman, OR - did ok, the weather cooperated very nicely but made the water dirty and cold which turned the walleye's off, but weather changed the evening before we left and finally caught a couple, with not being able too use live bait other than nightcrawlers was different when fishing for walleye's, we drove the 4 or so hours Sun. morning and fished Sun, Mon., Tues till noon, didn't catch anything on Sun, got one right before dark on Mon evening, it went 24" and 4 lbs. 10 ounces, tues the local bait shop was open and went and got a few other jigs that were working that we did not have and it produced 2 more walleye's for me and 1 for the 9 year old that was with, here are a few pictures....
Matt

IMG_1069_zpse1da17dc.jpg

IMG_1070_zps56d8be8b.jpg

IMG_1075_zps9c86d1d2.jpg

Some dandy fish! How big was the largest one and what was the "hot" jig? Using plastics without bait?

Oh man...you missed your shot at a new state record by exactly a month!! Nice fish!!

My talent has always been more in the eating them department, than in the catching them department. Where did you go for your 'local info?' The High Desert Marina and one of the gals in BiMart's sporting goods seem to know their stuff when it comes to fishing the Columbia.

Oh man...you missed your shot at a new state record by exactly a month!! Nice fish!!

Story of my life....:D

Yea 2 of the days we were there High Desert was closed, even when we did stop on the last day, they were not helpful at all... Period, was disappointed with there customer service....

But it's all good, got a buddy in boardman that was very helpful and a local gentleman gave us some pointers and exchanged numbers with him,

All in all the trip turned out good, most guys were not doing well, only talked 3 groups and they were wondering where the fish were too, most were getting 1-2 a day, but walleye guys there are pretty tight lipped...
Matt

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back