Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado unit 65 experience?

jmustard

Hello everyone, hope your planning/e-scouting/map studying is going well. Some friends and I are planning a 3rd rifle OTC unit 65 hunt. I have a lot of e-scouted areas and wanted to run some ideas of my plans off of someone that has been there or lives there. Please let me know, any help would be appreciated!!

I’ve hunted 65 a few times. Will be heading out there next week for some scouting and fishing. We’ve hunted a few different areas of 65. Let me know if I can help.

As this was the first elk hunt I went on I am trying to decided if I am a terrible elk hunter or it was a off year! I saw one the night before season just as it was getting dark, took off as we were coming down the trail from scouting. The next morning I glassed a cow in the same drainage and that was the only ones I saw. It was pretty warm while we were there so that didn't help. We lived in Montrose when I was a youngster and my dad had decent success back then. Some extended family member hunted there couple years ago and did good so I am sure the elk were there somewhere we just didn't find them.

I’ve hunted 65 a few times. Will be heading out there next week for some scouting and fishing. We’ve hunted a few different areas of 65. Let me know if I can help.
Any help for unit 65 would be great. I have a cow tag 3rd season this year and am going solo

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back