Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colorado Trip 2013

Sounds like a fun trip! Good looking fish.

My thought was that they are Colorado River Cutthroats and the really red one is a male (had a hook on it's jaw) and the other is a female. You cutthroat experts, is this correct, or what is the deal?

Even the experts cannot agree on cutthroat lineage in CO, as genetic testing has been turning the common beliefs of the biologists upside down the last couple of years. If you PM where you were at, I could probably tell you what the current classification is. ;) BTW, I'm not a fisherman, and can't remember the last year I bought a license.

Beautiful pics. We missed our annual Colorado fishing trip this summer...dearly miss not going. Next summer for sure.

Awesome pictures Ben! Sounds like you and your dad had a great time. Not sure if you were in the unit you're going to elk hunt, but if you were, hopefully you got some scouting in.

That just hurts me to see big ol' fish that I'm not catching. Of course, I had a deer hunt start last Friday and I haven't seen one stinking deer... from my office window. Another weekend of work ahead of me - no fishing in the last month and no hunting in the near future. Right now, life sucks.

Nice fish! Glad you had a great time fishing some beautiful spots.

Thanks for the comments guys! A few more pictures:

IMG_2872_zpse852b3e0.jpg

IMG_2805_zpsff974111.jpg

IMG_2974_zps66d2e7b1.jpg

IMG_2991_zps12a6d279.jpg

IMG_2940_zps4d56ebf6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back