Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado Statewide Deer Tag

Last few years they have been whacking neighborhood and golf course bucks. Start searching the fancy neighborhoods and golf courses all around the western slope. When you find what you want hire an outfitter to figure out the logistics. That has been the recent formula.

Congratulations on the tag @Big Slick! That is going to be an amazing journey. I’m partial to hard horned bucks so I personally would be focused on 3rd and 4th season. I had a solid 3rd season tag last year, but it ended up being tough sledding with the warmer weather. It made me realize how important that extra two weeks can be to get the bucks moving more with the colder weather, not to mention the rut kicking in. Best of luck on your quest! Looking forward to reading about it if you decide to post the hunt.

How does one get/apply for this tag? I can't find the info anywhere and I'm just interested.

For those curious, colorado provides an equal number of raffle and auctions ‘gov’ tags for all species each year. Sometime 1 and 1 (sheep) or 2 and 2 (in this case deer). The organizations who manage them and the statutory requirements are in the the regs and online. Theres One more raffle tag available for deer I think in June. The first auction gov tag went for like $225k this year and both went for about $160k last year. I won the sci colorado raffle tag last year same as Big Slick. It was a great ride.

For those curious, colorado provides an equal number of raffle and auctions ‘gov’ tags for all species each year. Sometime 1 and 1 (sheep) or 2 and 2 (in this case deer). The organizations who manage them and the statutory requirements are in the the regs and online. Theres One more raffle tag available for deer I think in June. The first auction gov tag went for like $225k this year and both went for about $160k last year. I won the sci colorado raffle tag last year same as Big Slick. It was a great ride.
Did you share the details here? I don't remember?

man, just the opportunity to hunt extremely low pressure areas and units in time and place you could only dream to be holding a tag. obviously i'm jealous.

do you really care about just the antlers? please don't shoot a golf course buck. i won't read the write up.

man, just the opportunity to hunt extremely low pressure areas and units in time and place you could only dream to be holding a tag. obviously i'm jealous.

do you really care about just the antlers? please don't shoot a golf course buck. i won't read the write up.
I have some ask if I’m getting a guide? I’m trying to not do this. I want my wife, sons and a couple of close friends to be apart of this and have it truly be a personal experience for all of us. I don’t even play golf anymore. It would be my luck I’d holler fore and the buck would run off….

I have some ask if I’m getting a guide? I’m trying to not do this. I want my wife, sons and a couple of close friends to be apart of this and have it truly be a personal experience for all of us. I don’t even play golf anymore. It would be my luck I’d holler fore and the buck would run off….
Do not get a guide !

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back