Colorado RFW Doe Antelope

Jorgy

I had my RFW Doe Antelope hunt last weekend and ended up taking my son and his best friend (Dale). Dale has never been exposed to hunting, but he has eaten his fair share of wild game at my house since we moved to Silt. I don't believe his parents really do much with him and since we have moved to Silt I have been introducing Dale as my recently adopted son as he seems to always be eating my food and sleeping on my couch.

Really fun experience taking him with us, and also fun for my son to show him things he has never done. I took a doe Saturday afternoon with both the boys laid out besides me looking through bino's. I had Dale help me gut her out, and my son kept giving him direction on what he could do to help out.

We got home on Sunday and skinned and processed her. Dales questions were awesome as we were working. Seeing someone "light" come on with a antelope hanging asking questions about how everything works was fun. Made me remember when I was a kid with my own dad when I finally realized that muscles were meat, and not something that the grocery store made for you.

My son even got a call from him Sunday night asking about where he could take a hunters safety course, and if it was really true that he could come hunting with us again.

That boy is hooked :D

Good deal. Keep in mind for the future that doe antelope tags in WY are not much more expensive than our resident tags here, and you can buy up to 4 of them each. It would be a good way to get the boys in on a bunch of hunting action in a relatively short amount of time.

Good deal. Keep in mind for the future that doe antelope tags in WY are not much more expensive than our resident tags here, and you can buy up to 4 of them each. It would be a good way to get the boys in on a bunch of hunting action in a relatively short amount of time.

Very true Oak, I have taken both my boys to Wyoming the last a few years for antelope. This year I was wasn't sure where I was going to be living, so I didn't apply thinking I could snag some leftover tags. Apparently my internet wasn't fast enough though, because they went FAST.

Nice. Congrats on sharing with family and friends.

Passing on this tradition to someone who normally wouldn't be exposed! Hat's off and congrats to you! To me a doe is as much of a trophy as a forked horned freak ! Post some pics! Great job!

OK, I'll ask. Where's the pics?

I am absolutely terrible at taking pictures. I always think of it when it's my kids that get something, but never seem to think of it when I do. The only picture I have of the weekend is one that my wife posted on facebook when the boys were helping trim meat in the kitchen.

Can you guess who is the happiest in that kitchen? He is brown and furry and loves hunting season.

newattachment.php

Attachments

• lope.jpg
    lope.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 94
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back