Colorado Lion and Bobcat Ballot Initiative Update

From what I’ve seen from some of the Montana “houndsman” they are the species greatest asset. They tree and release more times than not. I would shoot every one of them but the houndsman love them. Good luck Colorado.

From what I’ve seen from some of the Montana “houndsman” they are the species greatest asset. They tree and release more times than not. I would shoot every one of them but the houndsman love them. Good luck Colorado.
For sure, really hard for the blue haired cat ladies to understand that houdsmen love lions more than they ever could

They do the same crap here. The houndsman only care about lions, not deer.

Just heard Randy & Corey talk about it in their recent podcast. Donated $100. I don't live there but I hunt there occasionally. This sounds like it could be a really big domino that will really hurt us if it falls

Almost certainly the anti-hunting groups will raise way more money than is needed to pass it but it's worth trying

Saw this article come across. Some info on the ballot initiative donors. As we all probably assumed, major anti-hunting $$$$ coming in from out of state orgs.

$200,000 isn't much money for a ballot initiative.

Just heard Randy & Corey talk about it in their recent podcast. Donated $100. I don't live there but I hunt there occasionally. This sounds like it could be a really big domino that will really hurt us if it falls

Almost certainly the anti-hunting groups will raise way more money than is needed to pass it but it's worth trying
Thanks for helping. Every donation is going to count.

$200,000 isn't much money for a ballot initiative.

Thanks for helping. Every donation is going to count.
I wonder as of the time this article was printed, how up to date was the data/numbers? I would have thought this would have had a huge head start…

this issue & divide between houndsmen, trappers, & hunters is a snapshot of the bigger reason why this bill will pass. There's way too much bickering and infighting among hunters instead of unity....and the parasites of the world know it and they will exploit it.

Last edited:
this thread is a snapshot of the bigger reason why this bill will pass. There's way too much bickering and infighting among hunters instead of unity....and the parasites of the world know it and they will exploit it.
What fighting have you seen?

I personally did nothing to fight the wolf reintroduction initiative (wolves aren't bad, ballot box biology is) because I was so pessimistic about the chances of defeating it. It passed by <1%. With a little effort, we can beat the anti-hunting initiative. Put off that new rifle, scope, truck purchase and invest in your hunting heritage instead. Let's not be on here in nine months lamenting, "If only..."
savethehuntcolorado.com

Catsarenttrophies.org google it. Go to the website. Sign up to gather signatures. They will ship you a shirt, and the petitions. This costs them time and money… fight back anyway we can!!! Make them lose resources to do this. It requires little to no effort

Catsarenttrophies.org google it. Go to the website. Sign up to gather signatures. They will ship you a shirt, and the petitions. This costs them time and money… fight back anyway we can!!! Make them lose resources to do this. It requires little to no effort
If any lion hunters want to put my wife's cat up a tree with hounds and shoot it as a trophy, I won't tell her

I personally did nothing to fight the wolf reintroduction initiative (wolves aren't bad, ballot box biology is) because I was so pessimistic about the chances of defeating it. It passed by <1%. With a little effort, we can beat the anti-hunting initiative. Put off that new rifle, scope, truck purchase and invest in your hunting heritage instead. Let's not be on here in nine months lamenting, "If only..."
savethehuntcolorado.com

challenge to all - whatever you pay or anticipate to pay in resident tags this spring throw the same amount at CRWF. it's what i'm planning to do.

if that means you have to cut your tags in half because you can't afford it then cut your tags in half.

i think going forward this should be rule of thumb for hunters, be it access yes in wyoming, CRWF, RMEF, TRCP, whatever.

the recent rogan podcast with cam and steve caught a lot of hate on this forum, but i finally listened to it and they spent a lot of time talking about the lion proposition rearing it's head in colorado and cam and steve both spent time name dropping dan gates and CRWF multiple times and the importance of what they're doing on this. rogans audience is enormous and i'm very thankful for that levelheaded conversation they had about this.

talk to your neighbors, talk to your family, talk to you fellow hunters. invite your neighbors over for venison barbacoa and show them what hunting is all about.

challenge to all - whatever you pay or anticipate to pay in resident tags this spring throw the same amount at CRWF. it's what i'm planning to do.

if that means you have to cut your tags in half because you can't afford it then cut your tags in half.

i think going forward this should be rule of thumb for hunters, be it access yes in wyoming, CRWF, RMEF, TRCP, whatever.

the recent rogan podcast with cam and steve caught a lot of hate on this forum, but i finally listened to it and they spent a lot of time talking about the lion proposition rearing it's head in colorado and cam and steve both spent time name dropping dan gates and CRWF multiple times and the importance of what they're doing on this. rogans audience is enormous and i'm very thankful for that levelheaded conversation they had about this.

talk to your neighbors, talk to your family, talk to you fellow hunters. invite your neighbors over for venison barbacoa and show them what hunting is all about.
This is spot on. I don’t have many vices, I don’t gamble or play golf, only drink occasionally, no drugs, etc. But I do spend on raffles in hopes that I might win some amazing hunt and it’s usually a pretty good cause. This year I am forgoing most of my raffle budget and sending that to CRWM. Much better investment in the future of hunting, even selfishly.

This is spot on. I don’t have many vices, I don’t gamble or play golf, only drink occasionally, no drugs, etc. But I do spend on raffles in hopes that I might win some amazing hunt and it’s usually a pretty good cause. This year I am forgoing most of my raffle budget and sending that to CRWM. Much better investment in the future of hunting, even selfishly.

I'm an active, supportive CRWM member and hope you are too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back