Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado Bull

Really nice bull, congrats. I really like the "as he lay" shot. He looks a lot like a set of sheds I picked up this spring, but I doubt its him unless he migrated through a couple states over the summer.

So the meat from this bull is tough as shoe leather.........It tastes really good, but is super tough. Anyone have any theories as to why, or any contributing factors? I have shot tons of big game animals, and have only had like 2 of them be tough. The bull was boned out, and laying in snow within 1 hour, I aged it a week, and cut it up myself. My theory is that he was fairly old, and had been running his ass off chasing cows for at least a month (shot Oct.13th). My only other theory is every once in a while you just get a tough one. Going to try pounding it out next meal.....see if that helps.

Pretty!!!

For tough meat you might try one of the bladed mechanical tenderizers. I use the Jaccard 48-blade (check Amazon). It tenderizes without all the distortion you get pounding. I can't imagine game meat without it.

Congrats.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW that thing has got some mass. Congrats!!!

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back