Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado 161

matthbrown1022

Afternoon All,

I'm heading out to this unit for 3rd rifle season. Planning to camp around Independence Mountain and hunt around there as well all information I've read says the elk will be there if the snow has pushed them out of the higher elevations. I'll be watching the weather closely and if there is no snow present I'll plan on walking into the higher wilderness areas in the Zirkels. A couple of questions for you guys though.

1. Do you think the pressure is as bad during the week? I'll be getting there on 11/7 and hunting til the end of the season.
2. Anybody done any hunting around the Arapaho Wildlife Area? I figured with the amount of pressure in the area the critters would flock there. With the amount of BLM around it, I'd think that a guy might get lucky and catch one off the preserve.
3. Anybody else going to be up there at the same time? I'm heading out solo and always looking for someone to maybe team up with.

Thanks!

1.) Most guys that are going up there are going to stay up there. Count on the pressure staying high.
2.) Yes, and the surrounding area gets pressure, too.

Independence is a good spot, and with the fire, probably even better than normal, but it is VERY well known, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back