Caribou Gear

College football mayhem

VAspeedgoat

I get the feeling that allstate should have sponsored the entire bowl season because it was completely filled up with mayhem. If you can take anything away from the bowls it is that we have no idea how these teams really stack up against each other and that thank god we have a four team playoff. Here is what I think I learned tell me what you guys think:

The sec with all its glory was the most over ranked conference this year

Nick Saban will never understand the spread or how to defend it

The big 10 my become dominat again with the addition of Harbough to michigan

The acc will always be a basketball conference with a few teams that like football better

The big 12 only gets respect when oklahoma and texas are relevant

The pac 12 may be the best conference this year but not by alot

Dr pepper commercials are the funiest commercial but the same ones are getting old

I dont like watching alabama withou seeing shots of katherine webb in the stands

Well, tell me what you think, let me have it if you disagree, give me a thumbs up if you agree.

Summed nicely Va.

Let's add the nickname Big game Art to the list. A little too much blather about Baylor's nepotistic OC yesterday also.

Last edited:
LETS GO DUCKS, nobody can play that fast with them! FSU was beat before the first half was over, even with the game undecided and that close.

@jaypo1961: I miss the BCS, when the 2 best teams in the SEC met 4 the title and we were told the system worked. #Badgers

My favorite tweet from yesterday! The mighty SEC West is 2-5 and the 2 wins are from their worst teams this year.... Bama and Auburn have been good, but the ridiculous bias has been nauseating. glad the BIG Ten Big Boys went 3-0 on New Years Day! Minnesota had a chance to sit at the big boys table, but they aren't quite there yet.

It's funny how playoffs really cut through the bs.
Now how long until they switch back to the old way of telling us who was the best team?

The talent that OSU has at quarterback is unbelievable. To think that that is only that kids second college start is crazy. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Big 10 looks in a couple of years. I think it is going to be an awesome championship. No matter who wins, I will be happy.

It just occured to me that urban meyer did to the sec what he did to the big 10 a few years ago. He made then look fat, slow, and outdated.

10906133_10205969996719487_5582928237725317588_n.jpg

The biggies' coaches should all send Harbaugh a thank you card...he just got them a helluva pay raise.

The biggies' coaches should all send Harbaugh a thank you card...he just got them a helluva pay raise.

If he insist on bringing Greg Roman with him Michigan will be in for a quite few years. Harbaugh is a great coach but his taste in OC's stinks.

As happy as I am that an SEC team didn't make it to the championship, even won a bottle of whiskey in a wager with an Ole Miss fan. I think they definitely need to make it an 8 team playoff. I think TCU could have done some major damage. I agree with the shots of Katherine Webb and I hope I never have to hear Jameis Winston's name again unless it has something to do with him going to prison

VA, I think you are right on with all your statements above. Even though I am a PAC 12 fan, I don't think it is possible to say that there is a dominant conference in today's college football world. Maybe top tier teams in each conference, but it seems that the talented teams are pretty well spread out throughout the big five conferences with a couple of solid teams in the smaller conferences to add a little controversy. I am all for an eight team playoff, with the champs from each of the big five and at least one of the three remaining spots being a conference champ from one of the smaller conferences added to the mix.

Last edited:
I would love an 8 team field as well and here is why. Could TCU have won if it would have been in the top 4? Yes, I think that is very realistic. However, No. 9 was who, Ole Miss? Whoever it was, I don't think they could have won it. Legitimately, I think every year you have 4-6 teams capable of winning, but not 9.

I love the fact that the overrated SEC conference finally got what it deserves. Just for kicks, I visited a couple of SEC forums and man, they are trying desperately to come up with a reason why this years bowl season was a fluke! Haha! They like to fall back on the rankings, but the thing is, if they all are overrated, beating each other is not as impressive. And they found that out in the bowl season. They are all overrated. Solid teams for sure, but overrated nonetheless.

Back