NEW SITKA Ambient 75

CO Leftovers Posted!

I'm trying to check out, it has to load for you to select fulfillment method, shipping option, credit card, accept terms, etc. etc. I've been on the checkout page since 9:08 so 13 min and counting...

Got my dad's EE tag back... Took an eon. His CC had expired after he entered draw and he didn't notice so they took it back to leftovers, only 3 left and snagged it back. He says he can put away his camp chef's hat now. :hump:

Species at a time is a pretty good idea. Limits some server traffic. I was just going to say nut up and get better server bandwidth. Now that I'm paying NR prices I'm thinking they get enough $$ to upgrade one of these years.

I'm trying to check out, it has to load for you to select fulfillment method, shipping option, credit card, accept terms, etc. etc. I've been on the checkout page since 9:08 so 13 min and counting...

Same for me - I got the tag in my cart about 9:05 and just got to payment @ 9:30 - then I got the '[no quota available] message ... so close but no cigar.

Oh well - would have been a bonus to have the cow tag. Might pop back up again.

There will always be moaning... but not trying to continuously improve your processes is how you become TX, LOL!

and the moaning will commence when "their" species isn't released first.

I get the frustration, but c'mon there are worse problems in the world.

I don't get this. Release them on separate days. I don't see the issue with that. Wyoming used to do it with leftovers. Wisconsin does it for turkeys.

Same here, four choices in cart and by the time payment went through, they were gone. OTC time.

Yep, 4 choices, and I never even made it to the cart. Every time I would try to add them, it would shoot me back to the home page and I'd have to start over. Not a major deal, since I was planning on OTC anyway... but even my 4th choice, with 33(!) extra tags is gone now...

I don't get this. Release them on separate days. I don't see the issue with that. Wyoming used to do it with leftovers. Wisconsin does it for turkeys.
You don't get that I don't get all worked up about the system crashing every year?

I don't have an issue with changing the leftover draw, I'm all for it. I'm just saying some guys will moan no matter what you do, period.

BTW, I guess it's my lack of caring, but I just picked up a tag....

Felt like I was chasing points. Each choice would have no quota left. Look at updated left over list, pick new choice, get same results, repeat 4 times, give up.

You don't get that I don't get all worked up about the system crashing every year?

I don't have an issue with changing the leftover draw, I'm all for it. I'm just saying some guys will moan no matter what you do, period.

Yeah... it's just disappointing when they revamp the system but it's still just as crappy... having the page have to reach back to the server multiple time through checkout is dumb, if it was set to send data just once at the end after you put your cc in it would reduce hits to the server by 700%. Obviously any system is going to have issue... but minor programming tweaks would help a lot.

You cannot care all you want. What I didn’t understand was the criticism that “their” species wouldn’t be first.

For the record, no dog in the fight. Just providing a relatively easy way to reduce at least some traffic.

Well otc for me but my buddy grabbed a good archery elk tag. Stoked for him!

Felt like I was chasing points. Each choice would have no quota left. Look at updated left over list, pick new choice, get same results, repeat 4 times, give up.

I deliberately put in what would during a normal application be my 3rd choice as 1st... I drew so I think that helped.

I got lucky and got the mule deer tag I wanted. My other two buddies weren't so lucky. One was even farther along the process than me when his froze up and mine let me through, though it was a 35 minute process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back