Yeti GOBOX Collection

Climbing stand

1 - ALWAYS wear your safety harness.

2 - make sure you tie the top piece to the bottom piece. if you ever have the foot part fall, you will thank me for this one. rope should have been included with the climber. if not, make it 2-3 foot long.

3 - start the foot piece on an angle at the bottom of the tree. make it as tight as possible. will straighten out as you get higher in the tree.

4 - ALWAYS wear your safety harness.

5 - tie a piece of rope to the length that you want to climb, to the foot piece. attach your weapon to the bottom of the rope. that way, when you get to the height you want to be at, the rope will let you know. then you can pull up the weapon safely.

6 - when you get to the height you want to be at, use the strap to attach the climber to the tree.

7 - do not try to climb any faster than you feel safe doing it. with time, you will get faster, but it is not that important to get up there fast. more important to be safe.

8 - always check the shoe straps before climbing to make sure they are still in good shape. make sure the footwear you will be wearing fits in the straps. do not wait til you get to the woods.:eek:

9 - on the way down, make sure you get the foot piece as level as possible before you put your weight on it. go down SLOW.

10 - practice BEFORE you hit the woods. do NOT practice on a telephone pole or any type slick surface.

11 - pick the starightest tree you can find to climb in the woods.

12 - NEVER detach the chain, rope, or whatever attachment piece they have, from the tree.

sure there is more, but these are the ones that jump out right now. good luck, and be safe.

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!

I would recommend a safety harness for sure cuzz falling 20 feet out of a tree and trying to figure out if your dead or not is not real exciting. Then walking out of the woods broken and bloody is not too fun either. Neither is four months of rehab or a year of daily headaches caused from injuries. The memory of the sound of the last part of the stand that you prayed might save from going down breaking. Not that I would know from experience cuz I'm not "dumb" enough to do that. Thankful to be alive everyday! :)

Check the overall condition of the stand from opening the box to every time you get in it. Mudranger1 and I had the same experience. I had a harness on, but for my stand, you must unhook to climb over a branch to get on the stand. My stand failed and I fell 24' to the ground cracking my head open. Walked away with a $75,000 bill and a bionic face. But alive and walking. Checking the Tree stand condition and wearing a harness will always make it a successful hunt. Glad to hear you're doing well Mudranger1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back