NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Chukar country pics

Brittany Chukarman

Here's some panoramic shots that I thought the bird hunters back East would like to see. Wish I had a better camera but you can see how big and open it is. Birds were more scattered and broken up into small bunches yesterday but still plenty of action.
The jagged mountains in the distance are the Wallowas and the Eagle Cap wilderness. There's also a shot looking across the Snake River into Idaho. The river the dog is standing in is the Powder that feeds into the Snake. I live on the Powder. Sometimes I hunt over on the breaks of the Snake but that's some really steep, brutal country to chase chukar in.

Attachments

• IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0257.JPG
    IMG_0257.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 373
Congrats on the birds and thanks for sharing the pics. I've hunted chukar pretty close to you, over in Rye Valley, in fact your pics might inspire me to see if I can still go up those steep canyons.

Rye Valley is some steep country. When I was younger I used to hunt the steep stuff. I remember once on the breaks I followed my dog down the slope. We got into a loose gravel area. He went uphill from me and locked up not 30 yards away. It took me 20 minutes to get up to him just 30 yards away. When the birds came out I was so wore down I missed twice.

Great pictures. When I try & tell my Buddy's here in TX what the West has to offer, they can't see it. Well these pic's will show them. Congrats on the birds & Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back