Christmas came late this year

ID_deerslayer

I knew this gift was coming but it was slow getting here due to manufacturing It arrived late last night and I will post another picture once I can get it all set up with the scope. Sometime later today in the afternoon. I will say it is not your standard American, but a limited release caliber.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 450
My oldest grandson got the package (w/Bushnell) in 30-06 this Christmas. I gave him a VX1 on short notice (thanks Schmalts) for it. Hard to beat the Ruger's quality at it's pricepoint.

Say hello to my new deer slaying tool, I now am the proud owner of this Ruger American Predator rifle chambered in 25-06. Topped with a Vortex diamondback 4-12x40 BDC scope and Vortex Viper rings. Working in the outdoor industry has allowed me this rifle setup and I am very thankful for it. Looking forward to doing a leupold topped setup on a future rifle after touring the plant this spring. Also coming soon will be a new Vortex spotting scope in the viper model that has been on back order and coming in the next month or so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 335
NICE!!

I got socks, a flannel shirt, and a coffee mug... Not the good socks either, but the mug is camo.

I bought the wife a Ruger American 7mm/08 when we had to send her REM in for trigger recall. The Rem is now for sale. I like that Ruger so much I think I will get one.

Someone was obviously on the 'Nice list' this year ............ maybe I should try that sometime
After you get to the range, give us an update on how it shoots. I've been looking for the same rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor

Someone was obviously on the 'Nice list' this year ............ maybe I should try that sometime
After you get to the range, give us an update on how it shoots. I've been looking for the same rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor

I will post my range outings once it is warm enough to get the barrel broke in and I can have a day of low wind to get my best groups possible. Most likely will zero in at 100 yards to start and then re-zero at 200. From there i will continue to break in the barrel on coyotes this winter into spring. My wife also has the 7mm-08 in the youth model and loves shooting her gun. The 6.5 creedmore in the predator rifle would be a great gun as well. I wouldn't mind one of those either.! I know that Ruger has been trying to ramp up their production of this rifle as it is getting a popular following very quickly.

managed to harvest this cow elk this past season. shot at 398 yards with a 110 nosler accubond. high lung shot and she only went 20 yards before tipping over. I have been blessed to have harvested a number of deer and antelope with my 25-06 and will be giving it a season off as I complete a new rifle setup this coming week. will be posting photos of the 2019 season animal slayer in another thread.94716

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back