Caribou Gear Tarp

Christensen vs. Seekins

huntin24/7

I’ve seen a lot of good feedback in the last year on here about both of these rifles. For those of you who’ve shot and handled both, what are you thoughts between the Mesa/ridge line vs the Havak ph2? Leaning towards the Havak but Christensen seems pretty solid and goes on sale from time to time as well. This would be in 6.5 prc.

Haven't handled the Seekins, but have handled both the Mesa and Ridgeline. Wasn't impressed with the Mesa, but really liked the fit and feel of the Ridgeline. I ended up buying the Ridgeline FFT mainly because of barrel length, it's a good looking rifle that shoots really well. It's like having a trophy wife that believes everything you tell her.

I've looked at both in the store and both were nice. Different styles in the stock design. I've talked with people who own the Christensen and they've been happy. I haven't run into someone who owns a seekins. Online reviews seem positive. Seekins may be my next rifle.

I’m having a similar debate myself. I know some folks who own both and I’ve heard good things about both. I’m personally leaning slightly towards Seekins. Now if I can just decide what chambering I want…

I have shot the full lines of both in most available calibers. Without reservation I would pick Seekins EVERY time. I have sold a bunch of both and to this point have not had a single complaint about a Seekins rifle. Christensen rifles, we have had a few....not a big deal except I would not say their customer service is at the level I would expect. In fact, CPO bought a Ridgeline 2 years ago and could not get it to group better than 2 MOA after trying 8 different types of ammo. After 3 months of email run around he sold it out of sheer exasperation. Seekins accuracy and durability warranties are simply unmatched at ANY price.....bonus is when you call them in Idaho you get an actual person who CARES about their customers on the phone. I am currently waiting on a PH2 in Desert Shadow myself and I would about 90% of our sales team have at least one Seekins....

Another note in 6.5 PRC chambering....Seekins makes their own custom CF magazines for that with extra COAL for reloaders....

Prob listen to SFC B. On another pretty rant-free site, CA rifles are sketchy, and customer service is poor. Always good to have a guy in the business.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back