PEAX Equipment

cheers from SE Idaho

plains2pines

Heard about this forum from LopeHunter, sounds like a good forum to share and swap info. I'm John, 35 yo have a wife and 2 youngsters. I have an unhealthy obsession for hunting big game! chasing screaming bulls with a bow excites me more than a lab making a retrieve. chasing mule deer with rifle is just something I could never give up. rifle of choice is my pre 64 (1949) model 70 .270. I have not chased pronghorns yet but I hope to change that soon. every lope tag I've had has been during archery elk. scouting, fishing and just being in the backcountry is what I do in the off season. I don't believe in sharing honey holes to strangers, hell, not even to closest of friends; in general season areas. hard to draw tags ill share any info I can. next best thing to hauling my own game out on my back is seeing others muster a smile under a 100lbs of meat on their backs! I have two tags filled this year and still have a whitetail doe to tag for myself and a cow elk for son. good luck on year end hunts and good luck to you wing blasters! threw on a few pics fro last couple years

Last edited:
thanks for the welcomes! Santa... I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I love your signature, I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Welcome aboard, John. I am eating on moose jerky as got a big box delivered last week from the Tex Creek adventure.

This is easily the best hunting forum for discussing Western hunting and picking up some tips on gear and techniques. Rarely gets off the rails here and those threads get locked after a day or so.

One cool way to browse topics is click on the tab "Quick Links" then click on "Today's Posts" to see the most recent active threads.

Saw you had some brisk sub-zero weather recently. Dang, that is cold.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back