Checking (in) game

MThuntr

So the discussion of tagging game has 2 or 3 threads going and it seems like a lot of states require "checking in or registering game". When I was in Nebraska you had to take your game to a check station. Sometimes it was a Deputy Sheriff other times it was volunteer students checking deer and taking lymphnodes (in CWD units). I remember being asked where the deer was shot and then given a metal tag to attach to the animal. I also want to say the metal tag must be permanently attached to antlers if mounted.

Besides being able to track harvests and do limited biological tests is there another reason(s)?

In Indiana, CO's can look up deer and turkey that have been checked in electronically. Indiana is a 1 buck state, except for special hunts. So, if a CO pulls up as someone is dragging a buck out of the woods, he can look up the hunter in the database and see if the hunter has checked in any other bucks that season.

Also, if there is suspicion or reports of poaching, the CO can check the electronic system or physical check stations' logbooks to see if their suspect checked anything in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaredem21
Back