Check your CO results

SFC B

Although they have a disclaimer up saying that they can change up until 30 MAY, the elk results including unti drawn are up on the CO website. Looks like I got the RFW I was going for :) Hoping to fill that freezer :)

I drew my archery elk tag!! I'm afraid that since it's 'any' elk, I might end up shooting the first trophy cow or spike that comes in front of me

Shoot the first thing that comes past John! You don't want the elk to upstage you in the pageant pictures.

Then post "Chef" pics cookin that joker up in a nice dainty appron....WinnerWinner, backstrap dinner!!!

If you're going for CSEH then you might as well overwhelm the animal in the photos. If you shot a 350" bull it's going to be tough for your sex appeal to upstage it.

Gerald and SFC B are on to something here. Maybe you could go commando under the apron? Possibly include a nice box of merlot in the photo? You've got a lot of options available if you can lay the smack down this fall. It's a lot of pressure though…a LOT of pressure.

Two more points and I will have two decades worth of CO elk points. Probably will have 25 points before I catch up with the point creep.

I drew my archery elk tag!! I'm afraid that since it's 'any' elk, I might end up shooting the first trophy cow or spike that comes in front of me

Cushman,
Congrats on the tag.

Your draw hunt may different, but do check the definition of "any elk". If it's a bull, it needs to be 4+ on one side or 5 inch brow. Don't be shooting spikers, 2's, or 3's.

I don't understand the biology behind the 4 tine minimum.

Cushman,
Congrats on the tag.

Your draw hunt may different, but do check the definition of "any elk". If it's a bull, it needs to be 4+ on one side or 5 inch brow. Don't be shooting spikers, 2's, or 3's.

I don't understand the biology behind the 4 tine minimum.

Well......That being said, the unit John drew is any elk. There are still a few left in CO that have this in the draw. I killed a spike there a few years ago.

First time applicant that applied with a group. My buddy did the applications. Where do I look to see if we drew?

I am in a similar situation as Randy in CO. I now have a lot of points for elk. I have a few less points than him but CO elk was my back up for this year. Last year the tag I wanted took 12 points. I thought It would be a given because I have a couple more than needed. Well I know have a couple more than twelve plus another point for this year. I will try for a cow tag in Utah and the OTC archery tag in Utah. I also have a long shot at AZ deer. Long story short, last week was tough. I struck out in UT, NV, CO and Idaho OIL. Best of luck to all who drew.

SUCCESSFUL - 2nd choice.
My first choice was cow, would have been done 0730 last year opener.
Planning on making up for last season.
Time to go shootin'.

2nd choice freezer filler cow tag.

I want to give my mountain goat tag it due, so I won't chase elk until my goat tag is punched. I may well be joining the masses for an OTC rifle tag.

Success! Say goodbye to a mess of points :)

With over 400 applicants in my point pool and above and the preference point issue being revisited this year for the next 5 year season structure, and finally the late muzzleloader dates this year, it was time to have some fun and hunt elk!

Last edited:
Success! Say goodbye to a mess of points :)

With over 400 applicants in my point pool and above and the preference point issue being revisited this year for the next 5 year season structure, and finally the late muzzleloader dates this year, it was time to have some fun and hunt elk!

Wow, I hope you can make that joker count!! Best of luck to you!!

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back