Chasing Geese is great - catching some is what I am missing.

TexAk

Delta is kicking my teal.
High wind/high waves keep me off the delta most days, so I do a lot of camping watching white caps.
Four miles of mud flats to cross makes for shallow water very quick.
Three miles of deep water before even getting to mud flats makes for big waves.
Mud motors do not do 4 foot waves very well so there is not much help in that department.
Sure makes me interested in solving this location. And the fact that there is hundreds of ducks and geese in the area is the bait.
I will keep trying.

Attachments

• Make the Most of Every Situation.jpg
    Make the Most of Every Situation.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Black Bear in just off Island.jpg
    Black Bear in just off Island.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 94
I donno how to solve the conundrum...but it looks like you've got a good location, and good equiptment..it'll sorta work out.

Good luck. I've heard tales of Alaskan tidal mud flats. . . sound like a dangerous place to have to walk out of.

I spent three days testing the hardness of the mud on this delta.

Mud flats in Alaska do kill, so I have been working to stay alive. I cell phoned people and gave them my GPS location and had a VHF radio with me, but we all know that would only let them find the body if the boat did not re-float.
I had checked the mud in was in and I was 99.99% sure it was going to re-float. I did get out and walk around a little, but when my lab ran by me and I felt the mud shack around me - I figured it was not smart to even walk on this mud flat.
i figure the river bottom is too soft and would stick a heavy boat.
I hope to have a mud motor and boat to use next year along with the other two boats I used this year.
Three boats to use on one hunt isn't bad - is it?
I did locate the geese and will be giving their GPS location to an other hunter that goes in by 4 wheeler. I don't thing he can walk to them because our delta's normally have deep ditches. We'll see.

Back