PEAX Equipment

Charli from the North Coast

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Looks like this little lady was granted pack status.

Edit: this was actually a really big deal. My wife was really struggling with how the integration process was going, or rather not going.

Finn corrected her really hard one day, grabbing her by the scruff of the neck and shaking her. Freaked my wife out, but I pointed out no blood no foul. I think she expected them to love each other from day 1, but the reality is they have to establish their order. Best thing I saw from her this week was rolling over to show her belly to Finn.
IMG_6239.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, no spring bear hunting is in the works for this year. Boss is out of town, so me and the dogs hung out. Finn got his coat stripped, Charli did a chukar drag, and then Finn ran a couple of bumper piles. And I went to the store and got beer. It’s hot. IMG_6252.jpegIMG_6249.jpegIMG_6243.jpeg

Charli did a chukar drag

Did you just drag a frozen chukar across the lawn for Charli to try and track? I've got a quail in the freezer for training, but I'm not sure what to do with it yet.

I started gun intro with Franklin last week. Happy to see that he has almost zero reaction to a cap gun in the back yard. I don't think I'm going to have to worry about him being sensitive.

Did you just drag a frozen chukar across the lawn for Charli to try and track? I've got a quail in the freezer for training, but I'm not sure what to do with it yet.
First, you want to make sure the dog has a sense for tracking. I do this with food tracks. Just put a piece of kibble about every 6 to 12 inches and do about a 30 to 60 foot string of it, with some sort of reward at the end.

Once you’ve done a few of those, then drag a bird, and lay some kibble in the drag trail. Let the dog work the trail out and find the bird, do this a few times and then remove the kibble to where it’s just a bird itself.

First, you want to make sure the dog has a sense for tracking. I do this with food tracks. Just put a piece of kibble about every 6 to 12 inches and do about a 30 to 60 foot string of it, with some sort of reward at the end.

Once you’ve done a few of those, then drag a bird, and lay some kibble in the drag trail. Let the dog work the trail out and find the bird, do this a few times and then remove the kibble to where it’s just a bird itself.
They don't just track naturally?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back