Caribou Gear Tarp

Carbonsix barrels

Before I get off your lawn ;) . . . I view it as a niche tool. Never had a need until my current 7x57AI short light suppressed "do all" rifle project. The diameter to weight to stiffness ratios made it the only viable choice with my other requirements. But I don't expect to it shoot any better than my many other traditional barrels. And there is nothing about this project that is "needed". Heck, a single $249 Savage Axis in .308 with a $99 Nikon scope shooting green box gas station ammo would have successfully taken every large mammal I have ever shot, but I like variety, trying new things, and having rifles optimized (and hand loads) for niche situations. For me it's a little part of the overall fun of the sport.
I get it. And I have an in with Proof. If the benefit don't outweigh the cost, I'm not doing it. mtmuley

What barrel length and action? Im doing a 7mm Sherman max 20” barrel on a tikka. Should be fun
Tikka action in AG carbon stock, 18" barrel with 6" suppressor in 7x57AI. The cartridge choice was trying to find a sweet spot between decent velocity and not blowing a bunch of unburned powder into the suppressor given the short barrel. We'll see in a few months if I threaded the needle.

It would actually shave a couple ounces off of my rifle, but my main two reasons are these: they look really cool, and I’m always looking for better accuracy than what I have. My current barrel is pretty picky and I’m kind of tired of spending the money to figure out what it likes the best (I have a load that shoots 1/2 inch groups, but it’s with 120 gr pills and I want better accuracy out of the heavier stuff)

I get it. And I have an in with Proof. If the benefit don't outweigh the cost, I'm not doing it. mtmuley
It wasn’t worth it to me. I saved the money and went with a #3 contour Benchmark for my build. Scoped and suppressed my rifle weighs just under 9lbs.

If it is worth it for you though, I say go for it.

Last edited:
Ordered one as well a couple of weeks ago through C6. I looked at Proof's as well but they didn't have all the options on their site like Carbon did.

Doing a Tikka long action prefit (which they'll put on for me) 20" 7SAUM, 1-8TW and of course with threading for a suppressor like everyone else ha. Also sending them a dummy round with 155gr Hammers to throat it to.

After looking around there were quite a few positive comments, some bad about them. Rokslide, longrange ect all have opinions, you just have to weed through who's opinion it is and how much merit to give it like all forums.

Ordered one as well a couple of weeks ago through C6. I looked at Proof's as well but they didn't have all the options on their site like Carbon did.

Doing a Tikka long action prefit (which they'll put on for me) 20" 7SAUM, 1-8TW and of course with threading for a suppressor like everyone else ha. Also sending them a dummy round with 155gr Hammers to throat it to.

After looking around there were quite a few positive comments, some bad about them. Rokslide, longrange ect all have opinions, you just have to weed through who's opinion it is and how much merit to give it like all forums.
I'm excited to see how that turns out for you.

I think I decided last night that I'll be doing it for sure. I just don't want to wait for 3-4 months :cautious:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back