Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Canned meat

brockel

With the fall coming closer I figured it was time to go through the freezer and can some meat. Whats everyone add to their cans of meat? We’ve always just used a couple bullion cubes and that’s it.

How about favorite recipes with the canned meat?

Course salt, maybe a table spoon and one beef bouillon cube, it turns out really good

my normal is just course salt and a bay leaf. Bay leaf is only because that is what my mom told me 40 years ago. I've played around with other things, like a using some lipton onion soup, or bullion cubes, or onion but I have never found something that is better than my normal.

I just do a tsp of kosher salt, and a tbsp of the minced garlic from Costco.

But we also can more stews and soups to use the meat instead just canning straight meat - except for bear, don’t know why but bear just cans better.

I add Rotel to some of my canned deer or elk meat. Diced tomatoes and chilies and spices. Have also done it by making beef bullion from cubes and toping off with the bullion. Sometimes I'll make a stew type of meal by using quarts and putting in skinned potatoes and a some mixed vegetables and fresh onion. It's all good. I need to try the bay leaf mentioned above. Sounds like a good idea.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back