Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Anyone a steak hoarder

Sask hunter

I am! I’m not sure why I’m always way ahead on ground sometimes even grinding up
Roast but I love to hold onto steaks. You go into my freezer now the top layer all steaks. Last week we ate elk flatiron, moose and deer top sirloin steaks and deer tenderloin. It’s summer grilling season so share some steak recipes or different things to try with them so I can help empty my freezer
A couple things I took out tonight that I’ll be trying with your suggestions
IMG_0678.jpeg

I love a great steak simply grilled over lump charcoal, but I also like mixing it up a little. One of my favorite ways to grill meat when it warms up is something similar to the recipe here https://www.mylilikoikitchen.com/tag/maui-meat-sticks/ Slicing the meat thin and then putting it on a skewer gives you way more edges get charred/ crispy (this is where happiness comes from), and I love a maui/ teriyaki marinade to mix things up.

I hold on to mine too. One of my favorite ways to cook it is in the sous vide. Throw your normal seasoning on it, a little butter, and maybe a rosemary sprig then vacuum seal it and sous vide it at 120F. After a few hours take it out and fast sear it on the cast iron. Deglase the cast iron with some water and use the "juice" to serve over the steak after it has rested.

I don't hoard it I eat mine pretty steady right along with the ground. I try and eat a minimum of one meal a week with venison steak or loin and two with ground.

I found a asada rub that is pretty good with venison steak or loin. For a quick dinner or lunch I sometimes thinly slice a steak season with the asado rub and lightly sauté it in a cast iron pan. Other times I season with the rub and sear the whole steak or loin and slice after cooking. After cooking I squirt some lime juice on the meat. I eat it on a corn tortilla with avocado or other things like lettuce or cheese.

Sometimes I just eat the steak with some beans of some sort and shredded lettuce.

i hunt in Alabama so deer are plentyful , seasons long with liberal limits so I fill the freezer early in the season with great doe meat and hunt later for a buck or two for meat sticks.

It's a space issue in my chest freezer. It only makes sense to put 160# of Hamburger packages on the bottom and the stuff that turns over faster on top of it. I wish I had a good Givider system where I could make 1/4 of the chest top to bottom hamburger, 1/8th pork 1/8 wild game steaks 1/4 frozen vegetables from the garden, 1/8 prepared or pre cooked entrees, and 1/8 Ice Cream....

I hold on to mine too. One of my favorite ways to cook it is in the sous vide. Throw your normal seasoning on it, a little butter, and maybe a rosemary sprig then vacuum seal it and sous vide it at 120F. After a few hours take it out and fast sear it on the cast iron. Deglase the cast iron with some water and use the "juice" to serve over the steak after it has rested.
Got a elk flat iron I think I'll try that on tomorrow.

24 hour dry seasoned in the fridge then smoked then seared rare most often. occasionally use steak slices for the wok, sometimes for carne asada tacos.

but smoked than seared, is the usual way. we don't hoard, but we don't blow through them either. always want to keep some back straps and other steaks around for company.

Sadly I've a mental block that prefer game steaks well cooked, aka shoe leather, but prefer elk burger just the right shade (pinkish) of juicy. So, we marinate and sear, or chicken fry the steaks.
I’m just the opposite. I prefer my loin and steak seared on the outside dang near raw on the inside and my burger more well done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back