Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Canadian Wild Hogs?

Steiny77

Any truth to the story about wild hogs now being a problem in parts of Canada now?
Some folks on another forum were discussing and I had never heard of such.

Have hunted hogs many times in Texas, Alabama and Oklahoma but never knew they existed in Canada.

Supposed to be. Have a big study going in Sask am with maps of all the sightings. I have never seen one in person or on trail cam before so I dont think there is as many around as they say. Got to make their study look important so they get the $$$

Farmer where I stay for waterfowl has shot a couple big ugly Russian Boar types. Central Parkland region. Really did a number on his crops. Amazing they can survive those -35F temps !!!

They're here in AB. Used to be a bounty on them and you could hunt them all year long. You still can, but the bounty is no longer offered. It turned the hogs nocturnal, and as we're not allowed to night hunt in Canada, exacerbated the problem. They are something a lot of people are interested in, to the point where now guides are charging ridiculous prices to hunt an invasive species, and guys who know where the boars are keep it pretty close to the vest. I have a couple places I've bagged them, but I'm keeping it to myself lol

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back