Camp Radio - What's Good?

idahofishnhunt

I remember my grandpa had a hell of a portable radio back in the day that picked up just about everything...I certainly haven't seen anything like it lately, but I haven't really looked either. It would be nice to find something reasonably priced that I could pick up the waves on up in the mountains...weather, or whatever.

What are you guys using for a radio...a real radio with an antenna....not some android or iphone app hooked to speakers.

Thanks!

I don't know know what brand of portable radio he uses, but my buddy in AK gets great reception with his portable radio. He swears by his antenna which is 100' or so of insulated copper wire. He runs it out from camp on the ground and back to the radio. He gets outstanding reception. As long as the radio has a connection for an external antenna it should work fine.

I have a milwaukee job site radio and that thing rocks! Great reception and will work with any of their batteries and has a chord as well. It also has a USB port and an auxiliary input for an iPod or whatever within a big sealed compartment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back