Caribou Gear Tarp

camp pics

Nice looking bbq fish there, And no luck on the turkey hunt saturday. I woke up to on the last day here as well. So I grab the chain saw instead and did some cutting. After I may sure there was nothing in the fields. I got alot done for this up coming hunt. I went out to the camp friday night and decided to sit in the blind for the last hour of the eveing. Wish I had my 22-250 with me, I caught movment on the trail by the big field edge and it was a coyote and I made sounds of a destress animal and had him stop five times. Easy take donw shot but with out a weapon it would be hard. 1 for the coyote this round. And then about dark here comes a fox with something in its mouth. when I made the same noise he kick it in high gear.Today i'm going to head to bass-pro and see what I can get for my b-day. later and the nicer weather is heading your way dave, so like always it will arrive durning the week.

Oh by the way, I seem to have a ground hog forming. I notice acouple hugh hole to close to my game trails. They are around this hugh tree which will come down if they keep digging. Any ideas on how to elimate them with out standing there all day waiting for a shot?

by the way when we was at basspro I notice that they had berkly gulp for $19.99 for a 12 oz with different kinds of baits minows,leech,shad. came in a little bucket. That a good deal or not.

Ok I got a digal camera, Actually it was a twin pack. So I try it out tonight to see if it is worth keeping. They sold for $79 and I need to get use to them. The pics are blury. I don't know if it is the clear back ground that cause it. I guess some night pics will tell the tale. Great thing about these I can take my camera and swap out the disc and take a look right there at the spot. If I like them and keep them dave, both are coming there for this hunting season. Nice to see pics from the day befor and see when these big boys are walking threw time wise. Allso i'm going to leave one behind for you to play with if you want to. So here is the pics of me and I can do video on it as well. But for now one step at a time just to see and learn.

sunp0007.jpg

sunp0025.jpg

sunp0021.jpg

sunp0010.jpg

Hi Trent, The 'Gulp' is $20 here as well, so I wouldn't say that is a good price there. Does your digital have many settings. The only problem I have with my old digital is the time frame from when the animal sets off the click to when the pic is taken. Most times the animal is partial out of screen. I imagine the digitals today are alot better. I know my digital cameras I use ( not trail cams) are fast, good resolution settings and cheap.
Hey man, you bulking up. You must be doing the easy life, BBQ's and beer.
I suppose now that turkey season is over you are going to concentrate on the fall hunting season. I put in for the moose draw, and we will see the results in June. I am in Group B ( 8 years not drawn) and have 2x the chances as someone in Group A. Hey, I got some deer sausage (octoberfest)made the other day. Is it ever good. I am trying to lower my weight so I am going to have to take it easy on them. I'll have some for this fall. Also had a feed of fresh cut fiddleheads on Sunday. I did miss the main growth but I found enough for a couple meals. Sorry I won't have any to go with our trout this fall. Maybe we will be able to find some from someone elses stock.
Take care guys, have a good time tonite Still.

I just remember that it was on flash when those pics were taken. It is set for auto now. like I said this weekend will tell the tale for me keeping them. Just like my last bunch of camera I need to get use to them as well. I'm hoping that there is a few more pics on it from now til friday night. Oh by the way we are going to be grand parent come this January. I was inform the long weekend we had. Time to get things done here.

I am afraid we will have to wait on the report of how it went tonight as I had a meeting I had to attend and could not go. I left the shoot tonight in some very capable hands of Eastern and Hopesman. I hope they will get a chance to report.
The meeting I went to was for our youth day we have in the fall up here for kids that have passed the hunters safety and firearms courses. We go out to a local skeet and trap club were the kids get to try there hands at both trap and skeet. They also have a 22 range, black powder, archery, trapping set up, tree stand safety, survival, first aid and a lunch of juice, hamburgers and chips. It is usually a great day had by all involved. We usually get 20 to 30 kids out of about a possible 75 plus workers and parents that also want to try some of this stuff with there kids. A great day all around.

And here is the report from Hopesman on last evenings hunt.

Well, we can tell that it is getting into the really good weather here as there were only 9 shooters last evening In spite of the low numbers, we had a good shoot with eastern & I sharing duties on the whistle. He shot my recurve and got some great results with it No one stuck any arrows in walls or anything like that, so it was a good evening I took a poll of the shooters at the end of the evening and most of them wanted to continue the Tuesday night shoot throughout the summer. I'll leave that decision to SL.

Well I'm getting the hang of the new cams. allso here is a pic of the holes I plug with logs and here is what I find tonight when I got out there.
102_1653.jpg

102_1651.jpg
it seems I need to take more drastic measurement. Guess i'm going to set up for a couple hours at night and morning. maybe I might get a chance at the coyote again. Ok here is the new pics after trying it again. I had to position the cam more on the trail this time. Allso my other cam with the film in it got alot more pics since sunday. The middle trail is where that is. After that is full I will put the digal there.
sunp0004.jpg
sunp0010-1.jpg
sunp0019-2.jpg

sunp0013.jpg
ok after this I hope to have animal pics on it. later.

yeah bruce that animal dangerious to lol. I poet a topic call fishing guide on here. Take a look at the pics there dave. This is what is in ontario lake for you when you decide to go there for a fish.

Well the little fellow showed me why he was invited to the awards banquet. The photo shows you why I call him the little fellow. Number 8 right in the middle is him. OK just left of middle. Oh he did not get an award for football as that was outside of school activities.
100B0870.jpg

He started the evening off with the award we all new about and that was the grade 6 bar. That award is a points award for participation in all the sports activities including inter scholastic, early morning, intramural sports and more.
After receiving that somewhere in the evening the announced the badminton well he came out with most improved in grade six, cross country was coaches choice award and then they moved to grade 6 basketball were he got a shared award for most valuable player.

Way to Go little fellow.

Mannnnnn am I proud of him. Proud of both my kids. That was WELL worth missing any kind of shooting or activities of my own.

Congrats to your son, Still. Hope he has lots of fun with his sports activities throughout the years ahead. We parents do sacrifice time and money making sure our kids participate in sports, etc. but it is well worth it in the long run. Kudos again to all of you.

well I made up my mine to return the units. The reaction on it is not my cup of tea. I walk right infront of it a few times and veered off and then it took the pic. I try everything. raise it lower it angle it. I wish it work as good as my cuddy back dose. So it is back to the film til the digal cuddy lower in price. Guess the good news is I can buy the drop away for my bow now.

yeah with basspro a mile away bruce, there is away a lining. We all like to have one of each. I go there I get ideas every time. wife for some reason preffer I stay away from there alittle less :D I don't no why :rolleyes: . I'm telling you guys right now the weather here is humid for it being 7:30am. I can not even go to the camp and stay the weekend. Onless I get A/C put in ;) Well I think i'm going to head out and maybe shoot a few arrows to reset my bow.

I bit the bullet tonight and finally put the QAD drop away on the bow as you can see below.
100_1364.jpg

100_1365.jpg

100_1366.jpg

100_1367.jpg

100_1368.jpg

I took Easterns advice and said darn it I have been doing all the other work myself and it has turned out OK why not this one also.

I went out after getting it in on and started at 10 yards to be safe. A 1 inch group high and to the right. I continued to shoot it at that set up to make sure of where it was hitting and the flier from last night was hitting right in the middle of all the other arrows. I was tired and may have been looking me thinks. I start some tuning and get it center and high, down closer, creeping in on bull. I make my finial changes of the night and shoot yet again from 10 yards. Wack......... Hey that looks like a bull. IT IS. Ok lets see if I can do it again ............PEEEK and less than an inch high. Still good. OK lets go back to 20 yards same pin same point of aim. one inch low and both 20 yard arrows in the nine ring. Hole group of four arrows are within 2 inches. I love it. I am now thinking lets stop here and do some more tomorrow night on shoot night. I will also try and get some pics of it. What a time changing the nock point as I had to move it to make sure the drop away doesn't hit the shelf. still not sure it isn't hitting it but it shoots really well.

Hopesman, a local friend, if he thinks of it will bring the Chrono tonight. I am dieing to know if I picked up any speed. It does however seem a little bit noisier. I will trim the string latter to make sure I don't have it to short. From what I can see at full draw the draw length lines match up perfectly but want someone to watch them while I shoot.

To me this sounds very respectable but I still think I will need the second pin for 30 yards and out. So How am I doing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back