Yeti GOBOX Collection

camp pics

The finial night for the Bow hunters course is now in the books. We finished up our instruction time and then moved into the written test. I was told by the head instructor that we ended up with a great group that participated and even had some good laughs. We actually had a 100% pass on the written and are waiting on two of the youths to do there shooting test in the next 90 days. If they both pass and I think they will, that would mean a 100% pass rate on the course.
I had some great group of volunteer instructors (even Eastern came and may start teaching) come out and one instructor is the deer biologist for the province we were able to get some really good information that even some of the instructors did not know about. Possible changes in the some of the laws that may make it possible for a bow hunter to discharge his bow at 100 meters (approx. 100 yards) from a dwelling as well as open up some areas that have to many deer. If these pass it would mean it would now be possible to legally take 3 deer in New Brunswick. The problem deer situation would be by invite from the land owner but it would still be possible if you play your cards right.

Anyway it was great but I am glad it is over and this month is over. It has been very busy at our house and I have no one to blame for that but myself.

Cub and I had a pretty good day fishing yesterday . Things were going good ( I was being out fished again ) but fishing went slow after 11:30 am. Final tally was 4 for Cub and 2 for me ( the two biggest). The largest being a fat 16". The fish were great color but the taste wasn't there yet.
How's that turkey hunting Trent?

Attachments

• IMG_1401.jpg
    IMG_1401.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 123
Not to good on the hunting. Got out first thing, was a great cold morning. Hit the box and got three turkey answer in all direction. Problem I think is I did not call that much. They all went the other way and after 30mins there was four shots where we herd the gobble's. Since thursday I have not herd a gobble of a turkey on the roost. Nice fish you two got, I here that prides road in under water.

It is at South Oromocto Lake, Wirral. I guess fishing was very good first couple of days, but it is petering out now. It'll pick up again when the bugs start.
Next weekend we are going to Robin Hood Lake ( my brothers camp ).

Right off the top I need to say thank you to HYH for all they have done for me. They gave me the opportunity to see what it is like to hand a child a bow of there own when there Dad has a bow, there brother has a bow and yet she is to shy to say anything. She just comes every week and watches her daddy.

Well I look at her and said (we will call her sally for obvious reasons) "Sally" She looked at me and I said "I have had a group called Helping Young Hunters send me a bow and they said to go ahead and find a young lady to give it to."
The eyes began to widen.
" Do you see that bow right there with all those stickers on it?"

Sally replied with sparkles in here eyes and trying to hide the smile, "YESSSSSS."

"Well that bow right there is yours"

She lit up like a Christmas tree and she looked at her dad with that look of is it OK dad if I take it. He told her to go pick it up and it was really hers.

Here are the pics of her.

Here she was just waiting for the shooting to begin.
100_0903.jpg

Checking it out.
100_0904.jpg

after finally picking it up.
100_0905.jpg

100_0906.jpg

And here it is at full draw. Notice the smile.
100_0907.jpg

She was to shy to shoot with us tonight but I think she will be back to show us how it is done.

Thanks HYH (Fred and April) for caring so much for the kids to help out in this fantastic way.
If you have equipment that would work for a youth get it out to them folks.

We then moved to doing some shooting of our own.
100_0909.jpg

100_0910.jpg

Wait what is that at the other end of the line. Another new shooter.
100_0911.jpg

He was having a ball with that borrowed bow. His dad even said "I think I am going to have to get him an early grading present." and then laughed.

Another night in the record books and another great time was had by all.

Well I just got back from scouting state land. I had a tom just off the trail about 70yards in. Every time I hit the mouth peace he answer back right on a dime each and every time. I left him there in the roost and got about 150 to 200 yards away and another tom was gobbling across a field and I say alot farther in. I'd call but he would hold back a few befor gobbling. So if I go out tomorrow morning i'm going to set up on the first one. I can not set up any decoys cause there is a hill that drops down into a swamp and he is on the other side. I want to get off the road so that walker bys might not see me. Now question is (Since I'm new at this) Do I call alot as long as he is answering back. I could set up a decoy right beside me but then people might see it and I don't want to get shot at. Or I could try to get alittle closer to him. Back to the calling? My plan is to just hold tight til I can see to shot, and call once only if he gobbles in the morning then stop. Let him know i'm there and make him work me. SOOO MANYYY OPTION. And to top it off I still have a cold and had to fight back from coughing every time I call.

Hi guys, I had a great afternoon and evening fishing with my brother and father on Friday. We had good luck fishing and limited out. Weather was fantastic. I stayed overnite at my brothers and we fished for a few hours in the morning. It was cold and windy and drizzily. Fishing was pour then and we only caught 4 fish.
Happy Mothers Day to your wife's. Today I am cooking up a turkey supper for my family. Probably won't be able to cut the gravy, LOL.
You guys have a great week. I am trying to decide where to fish next weekend. So many places and not enough time.

Attachments

• IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 97
Nice fish you got there dave, good color to them. I look at those pics and find it wierd to see that there is no leaf's on the tree yet. All the snow gone from the ground I take it. Bruce you got quite a groupe there. Ever think of setting up a trail course? Get some 3-d out and some stand set up. Think about it for when everyone gets real good. I had turkey all around me saturday morning, But they got of the roost and head away from me. I at that point found out there is a ten foot wide swamp that he had to cross to get to me. I was tempted to jump it but the ground on the other side look soft. I think this friday I will try to get around that area and see where he goes. maybe get set up on him and ready. MOTHER DAY

Nice job on the fishing Mooseheadred. Trent keep it up and before you know it there is going to be a turkey in the oven for you to eat up. Good luck to you.
I am actualy going to talk to the group this week to see about going to Old Town for a 3D shoot on there course. We don't have the finances right now to set up our own but who knows we may try to do something.
Old town has offered us a great rate for the group and it would be a fun day out for all of us.

Well once again I struck out on the mosse draw. The odds are about the same here as it was there. Since here you don't got to pick a zone til you get drawn I bet alot of americans put in for it. Well guess that leaves deer season.

Hey Trent, Too bad on the draw, now you will have to stock pile the turkeys, LOL. Ah, there is always next year. At least we can concentrate on the deer. Hey how fast can you get up here. This is our long weekend coming up and I can spend all three days fishing if you like. You leave now and I will time you, LOL.
Hi Still, You are still being active with the archery are you? You know there are alot of rumours going around about getting extra deer tags for archery. If that happens there will be a big boom in that sport.
Thought I would show you what we had for Mothers day meal. They were some tasty but I can't eat too much of them. We usually have them this time of the year for a treat.
Next fiddleheads and gaspereaux roe. I find the trout are nice and orange but don't have the flavor yet. They have to start eating bugs, and there haven't been any large hatchs yet due to the cool weather.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1412.jpg
    IMG_1412.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 79
Don't show those to my wife as she will want some.

Looks like a great meal was had on mothers day. There is also a movement out there to get the distances from a building dropped to 100 meters for a bow as well. The extra tags would come from the problem deer on farms. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Well thats just it, Allso I won't be making a spring trip as well. Not to hard to figure out why with all these hungry gas $^$@%& out there. But come hell or high water I'm there this fall. I hope that this weekend I'll be able to get out and the weather will be great. Well have a good one and enjoy your long weekend guys.

Here is acouple pic I took off another site that another hunter came across when out hunting this weekend with his daughter.

http://
hen.jpg

Breakfast anyone lol
http://
heneggs.jpg

A much better night of shooting for me tonight. I even had a couple of groups in the 2" or less range all in on the x. I like it when that happens.
We had a group of 11 shooters tonight as numbers were down at the start but not bad by the end. I even had some luck with the recurve tonight as well. We put out the burlap targets and then the real fun began. Compatitions poped up all over the place. We have some interest in the group to head to maine for a 3D shoot some Saturday at Old town archery. They offered us a great rate and space to have a BBQ for luch.
I hope we can work that one out and go have some fun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back