Caribou Gear

Cam Hanes Meeting with Chaffetz

just my opinion...whether his followers oppose PLT because they get informed and find out what it's all about or they oppose just cause Cam does he has done more for the fight than a negative Jose could every possibly do to protect his Public Lands...like it or not. He admits to not being involved in politics but hey he is trying to be involved which is what everyone here claims they want from other hunters and "celebrities". plus he is seeking help from those in the know like Randy so why the negative talk I'm not sure. I would hate to see what yall have to say about us regular Joe's that are just starting to learn about how politics actual work

A good citizen should learn early.Like in high school.

so I guess a "bad" citizen like myself who at 40 is just getting involved should just opt out? oh wait.. that would leave the few from high school to keep up the good losing battle..

just my opinion...whether his followers oppose PLT because they get informed and find out what it's all about or they oppose just cause Cam does he has done more for the fight than a negative Jose could every possibly do to protect his Public Lands...like it or not. He admits to not being involved in politics but hey he is trying to be involved which is what everyone here claims they want from other hunters and "celebrities". plus he is seeking help from those in the know like Randy so why the negative talk I'm not sure. I would hate to see what yall have to say about us regular Joe's that are just starting to learn about how politics actual work

Dude. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

It is great you suddenly got "religion" and are learning. Just be careful who you learn from and who you dismiss.

so I guess a "bad" citizen like myself who at 40 is just getting involved should just opt out? oh wait.. that would leave the few from high school to keep up the good losing battle..

Ignore the static. Keep after it and do what you can. Thanks for being engaged.

I've never been a "Cam-Fan" if there is such a thing. He lost me when writing the "Fitness" column in Bugle and was advocating folks to be training with major lifts (Cleans, jerks, squats, etc). Not that those aren't great exercises - but in Bugle? Know your audience.

But, the guy doesn't quit - and he resonates with people. I have a feeling that he will apply the "keep hammering" campaign in the political realm. Is he "eloquent enough" or "well versed" in the arts of policy? It's pretty obvious that he isn't at this point.

Look at where he's come since January. He's going to "keep hammering" on the side of public land. His message will mature over time and we'll be glad to have him on our side.

I think that it speaks volume that he has reached out to folks that are well versed in the arguments against the PLT - he knows that this is a weak point for him.

He's earned more respect from me in the last month than he has in the last 20 years.

Last edited:
My bad for saying good citizen...I was never a biological parent nor a teacher. I'll keep my static to myself.

Back