Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Cam Hanes Meeting with Chaffetz

He maybe should have taken one workout off to prepare for a pretty important meeting...

The amount of hate spewed towards fellow hunters is unbelievable. Sad, really. Beagle001, I hope you are truly doing everything in your power daily to fight this political battle and to spread awareness. If you're not, stop hating on others who are trying their best from behind a keyboard. I've followed Cam for many years and even though both he and Big Fin have very different styles, they both share one common trait. They both seem to give 110% in everything they do, so I can about guarantee you Cam did his best on something he has said MANY times is not his strength. It would be easy for an "ego maniac" to sit on the sidelines during all of this rather than risk damaging his brand. At least he is trying.

The amount of hate spewed towards fellow hunters is unbelievable. Sad, really. Beagle001, I hope you are truly doing everything in your power daily to fight this political battle and to spread awareness. If you're not, stop hating on others who are trying their best from behind a keyboard. I've followed Cam for many years and even though both he and Big Fin have very different styles, they both share one common trait. They both seem to give 110% in everything they do, so I can about guarantee you Cam did his best on something he has said MANY times is not his strength. It would be easy for an "ego maniac" to sit on the sidelines during all of this rather than risk damaging his brand. At least he is trying.

I think characterizing his comments as hate toward fellow hunters is a bit over the top. I Think Cam made a mistake as well, not in trying but in being suckered into the debate with JC to begin with.

I wonder how many posts in this thread would read differently if post #78 had occurred in single digit numbers, perhaps #74...

u1299, so posting a negative and sarcastic comment about his daily fitness isn't hating on him? I may be wrong and I will gladly apologize if I am, but I'm guessing Beagle wasn't posting in favor of Cam but more so cutting him down/making fun of him. Successful people get alot of haters and Cams at the top. To me it's sad that there were people hoping he would fail and be made a fool of by JC rather then do well.

Last edited:
If all the silly hunting videos, pushups, burpies, hundreds of miles running, selfies, etc. resulted in him being on Fox news in a collared shirt and professionally opposing PLT and HR622 - well, it was all worth it. Thankfully he did all that, nobody else here did.

Guys put your effort towards fighting the guys trying to steal or undermine our public lands. Let's not waste our time fighting each other.

As for Big Fins above post, I agree. The entire time he was talking about D.C. desk no lies I was infuriated by the fact he's the D.C. desk jockey breaking the system. Chaffetz knew what he was doing. I just hope hunters have the will to fight this topic every step of the way and disregard what desk jovkies like Chaffetz say. The short term solution that's going to work right now? Give democrats the house or the senate in 2018, but don't keep fighting after that.

Last edited:
u1299, so posting a negative and sarcastic comment about his daily fitness isn't hating on him? I may be wrong and I will gladly apologize if I am, but I'm guessing Beagle wasn't posting in favor of Cam but more so cutting him down/making fun of him. Successful people get alot of haters and Cams at the top. To me it's sad that there were people hoping he would fail and be made a fool of by JC rather then do well.
No I don't think he was hating on him so I guess we'll just disagree on that point. I do think he may have been been poking a little bit of fun at him over his over the top fitness routine though, kind of like I think you did without even realizing it when you referred to Cam as a Ego Maniac?

No I don't think he was hating on him so I guess we'll just disagree on that point. I do think he may have been been poking a little bit of fun at him over his over the top fitness routine though, kind of like I think you did without even realizing it when you referred to Cam as a Ego Maniac?

Hah. I said "ego maniac" because that is what alot of haters call him. I do not share the same feelings. I'm not that dumb to call out someone for hating and then do the same myself, get real. Cam is a beast and I respect the hell out of him.

BlakeA - Come on, admit that you want to suck the sweat from his underarmor after one of his conquer the mountain runs.

BlakeA. Still think you're way off base on the hater comments. My son is 28 and a train to hunt beast, not a runner like Cam but a freakin 165# mountain badass and one hell of a hunter. I give him crap all the time about his workout routine and diet but am thankful when we are packing out meat for sure. I still give him crap and always will. It's all in fun and he knows it. I'm not hating on my son or Cam. I am hating on the PLT advocates though

I watched and agree with BF & also just watched part of the Fox news clip on FB.
The old saying about slicker that goose grease pretty much sums up most politicos given half a chance in a handshake,let alone a discussion with rules.
He's trying. Good for him.
I could have carried him out of the woods in my good days. Hope he is still going strong at my age.
Not a fan really of him or follower.

Guys put your effort towards fighting the guys trying to steal or undermine our public lands. Let's not waste our time fighting each other.

As for Big Fins above post, I agree. The entire time he was talking about D.C. desk no lies I was infuriated by the fact he's the D.C. desk jockey breaking the system. Chaffetz knew what he was doing. I just hope hunters have the will to fight this topic every step of the way and disregard what desk jovkies like Chaffetz say. The short term solution that's going to work right now? Give democrats the house or the senate in 2018, but don't keep fighting after that.

I did not listen to Cam and JC debate, what's the point, my mind is already made up and I find it hard to believe there are any hunters out there who's minds are not already made up on the PLT issue. Are there hunters on the fence on this issue who can be swayed depending whether they perceive Cam got rolled by JC? I seriously doubt it, all it might prove is JC is good at debating but still an enemy to pro public land advocates.

I did not listen to Cam and JC debate, what's the point, my mind is already made up and I find it hard to believe there are any hunters out there who's minds are not already made up on the PLT issue. Are there hunters on the fence on this issue who can be swayed depending whether they perceive Cam got rolled by JC? I seriously doubt it, all it might prove is JC is good at debating but still an enemy to pro public land advocates.

I think you would be surprised how many hunters have no clue the PLT issue even exists or how it would affect them.

I wonder how many posts in this thread would read differently if post #78 had occurred in single digit numbers, perhaps #74...

Wouldn't have changed my comments. I don't know who Cam is, as I have never purchased any of his bracelets or listened to his mix tapes.

I have a hard time taking Ted Nugent's hunting buddies to be strong advocates for My Public Lands. But, hey, if you do, that is good for you.

Cam-Ted-and-the-guys-goat-hunting.jpg

And, if you go back to earlier posts, the question was raised, what was the purpose of this "meeting"?

Was it an "interview" where one learns about Chaffetz' positions on Public Lands (we all knew them.)?

Was it a "debate" where Cam would try and out debate Chaffetz so that his listeners learned Cam understood the issue better than Chaffetz?

Was it an "educational opportunity" for Cam to learn about Public Lands from Chaffetz' point of view?

Or, was it just a forum for Chaffetz to spew his platform to a hunting audience, and attempt to convert hunters into supporting his efforts to undermine My Public Lands.

Maybe you like giving out Participation Trophies?

Wouldn't have changed my comments. I don't know who Cam is, as I have never purchased any of his bracelets or listened to his mix tapes.

I have a hard time taking Ted Nugent's hunting buddies to be strong advocates for My Public Lands. But, hey, if you do, that is good for you.

And, if you go back to earlier posts, the question was raised, what was the purpose of this "meeting"?

Was it an "interview" where one learns about Chaffetz' positions on Public Lands (we all knew them.)?

Was it a "debate" where Cam would try and out debate Chaffetz so that his listeners learned Cam understood the issue better than Chaffetz?

Was it an "educational opportunity" for Cam to learn about Public Lands from Chaffetz' point of view?

Or, was it just a forum for Chaffetz to spew his platform to a hunting audience, and attempt to convert hunters into supporting his efforts to undermine My Public Lands.

Those frosted "skinny jeans" he's wearing are sweet!

How long have you had that picture in your wallet...

Participation trophies have led to a generation that believe they deserve everything without effort. I also believe that some folks will agree with the host not because it's what they believe but because it looks good, not having anything to do with the validity, or lack thereof, of the interview.

Cam and Ted both like hunting their little private ranches. Good for them. Maybe Cam's talk with Chaffetz will spark something with folks who don't know about the PLT. Maybe some of Chaffetz constituents are Cam followers and they'll feel led to call him. Lots of maybe's...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back