Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Cabela's Points

SD_Prairie_Goat

I have a buddy that has built up some Cabela's points and wants to burn them on a new gun. Below is what he has enough points for, which would you recommend? I'm leaning toward the Browning A bolt.

He isn't being too picky, just wants the nicest gun he can get with those points..

imagejpeg_0.jpg

imagejpeg_1.jpg

I've never seen Cabelas offer "points" but value as cash. Does it have to be one of those rifles?

Personally if this was the have to list with no changes then I'd say stay away from the rem783 and would lean more toward the Ruger American or the A-Bolts.

I've never seen Cabelas offer "points" but value as cash. Does it have to be one of those rifles?...
Yes, I've always used my points as cash value on purchases. One point = $1 in cash value, for any purchase.

I can't zoom in close enough to read the details in the OP's posted ad, but from what I can see, 2803 to 3511 points ($) for those rifles shown has those rifles WAY overpriced.

I've never seen Cabelas offer "points" but value as cash. Does it have to be one of those rifles?

Personally if this was the have to list with no changes then I'd say stay away from the rem783 and would lean more toward the Ruger American or the A-Bolts.
I'm not an expert, but I think he gets points from seed sales or chemical sales, so I don't think he has a cash out option. Again no expert, but its not like credit card points.

I'd opt for the Ruger American over the Abolt. A bit more aftermarket options if he decides to tinker with it later. The one we have has been great!! If possible, I'd have him get one with the new AICS type magazine.

Do you have the credit card or the rewards card. Maybe with the rewards card it's only points.

Looks good! I would have him look at the Remington AWR. $799 is a pretty good price.

Back