Cabelas instinct pants?

michsteelguy

I'm kind of in the market for some upgrade clothing (layered) systems and have looked into alot of online manufacturers. Doing some hands-on research yesterday, I took a 1.5 hour roadtrip to Cabelas, with the idea to do some fit /size checking on Sitka hunting clothes etc., along with some other shopping as well. Then I came across something different.... Cabelas Instinct prarie runner pants. Color was great, material was great (polyester) and had stretch cordura reinforcing material around the exterior calf up to mid thigh. Basically they are upland bird hunting pants but I thought why not use these for (plains) mule deer hunting as well?? No, I dont bird hunt (as of yet).

I was thinking the reinforced leg material might hold up well going thru sagebrush, and they seem like they would be pretty quiet. The fit was good, and the price was in the ballpark ($140)as others but just not sure about these as a whole. I bought them anyway even though I'm on the fence, not knowing whether to keep or return. I know this is not part of the layering system that I went in for originally, but I was hoping someone here MAY have some experience with these pants or have some opinion on these....... not cabelas as a company or brand and not looking for other manufacturer suggestions, just hoping someone can help me tip the scales on these pants.

Attachments

• IMG_0945[1].jpg
    IMG_0945[1].jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 195
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back