Caribou Gear Tarp

Buxton,NC fishing trip

Wuzworthit

I had a short window (2 days) to take a short trip to Buxton on 9/13. I arrived in town right at dark, I had the pleasure of setting up the new tent ( 2nd trip) with the mosquitos and unpacking and getting settled in and to get ready for the next morning. I slept fairly good considering there was a barking dog, then a rooster crowing at 5am ( love my sleeping pill).

So I hit the beach at 7am which is what time the you can drive on the beach no earlier. I was off to the point to see what was going on. I arrive along with several others only to find a hand full of Spanish around and no blues, I ended up with 1 Spanish. I made breakfast and hung out for the day on the point waiting for the evening bite only to have another handful of Spanish caught, I saw a few small sharks that was landed. So back to the tent I go for dinner for a good nights sleep.

The next morning I do a repeat of the following morning only a handful or Spanish being caught. I get lucky and see some birds working down the beach around a 1 mile, so off I go. I arrive to find the birds mia. then the I see the Spanish in the surf pushing the bait against the sand. I jumped out rod in my hand to start catching some Spanish. I had the spot all to myself, which was great for about 1hr. I only got a few pictures to share while I was down I hope you enjoy.

The sunset was on 9/14, the odd fish is a blue the rest are Spanish, the other is my truck and tent. So this wuz a good quick trip that Wuz Worth it.

Attachments

• buxton 2.JPG
    buxton 2.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 167
  • buxton 3.JPG
    buxton 3.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 161
  • buxton.JPG
    buxton.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 228
I'm not sure about the sashimi part. Not that I'm against it. I don't know if it's safe to eat like that. I guess I'm saying I don't know how to prepare it. Well hell.... I did a preview of the post and the pictures was right side up. I just looked at them and they are all jacked up.. Ugh.

Back