Burris Eliminator III

I've never used one but alot of TV guys using them love to say "Range them, and Eliminate them!!" So that's cool.

Funny you should ask about the Eliminator, I was looking at one at a local gun store earlier this evening. I absolutely love Burris scopes. The quality and durability is outstanding. I currently own one which I've had for many years and I'm considering a new Burris for my new Weatherby .300. However, the bulk, weight and price were three good reasons to look at other Burris and Leupold models. I really don't need a miniaturized version of the Hubble Telescope mounted on my Mark V. It's too bulky and adds too much additional weight. And there's the added issue of legality of using it in some states as well as other countries. There appears to be a certain amount of hostility to the use of scopes with built in range finders. What may be legal now may not be legal tomorrow. All things considered, your money could be better spent on a quality Burris or Leupold variable scope without range finding capabilities.

Last edited:
'Range 'em and eliminate 'em"
bq3mas.gif

No personal experience but I'm very skeptical. I'd hate to pay that much just to have the sage brush and flat land suck up the laser and make it usless past 300yds like some rangfinders I've tried. It may be the greatest thing since metalic cartridges but I'd want some first hand knowledge. I'll be interested to see some replies.

No personal experience but I'm very skeptical. I'd hate to pay that much just to have the sage brush and flat land suck up the laser and make it usless past 300yds like some rangfinders I've tried. It may be the greatest thing since metalic cartridges but I'd want some first hand knowledge. I'll be interested to see some replies.

My thought exactly. This seems to be one of those "don't practice, we've made it easy" gimmicks. Why not just buy a decent scope and a decent range finder and spend the left over on flowers for the misses?

I've never used one but researched them as a possible buy last year. I don't know about the Eliminator III but the II has a lot of bad reviews about the electronics failing, battery dying, etc. They could have fixed a lot of those issues with the new model but just figured I would mention them. I ended up just settling on a Swarovski Z5 with turret to make those long range shots.

Bought one and think the concept is great but the glass is terrible. Shooting anywhere near a sunset or sunrise will result in a big hazy blur.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back