Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bulletproof Drop-Away Rest?

Shot a ripcord for years and loved it, had no complaints or failures ever. They make a great, bombproof rest. This year bought a new bow and when setting it up decided to try the QAD to see if I had been missing anything. After shooting the bow for a month now I feel that the two rests are incredibaly similar in every way but one. I think that the QAD has an advantage in its slow let down. The rest stays up on a slow let down and your arrow stays in the rest and doesn't fall into the riser with that great metallic ting that's tells the bull at 40 yard to turn tail. But as far as reliability and accuracy, they we a was in my opinion.

I've had QAD for three years now without a single issue. Similar to St52V my shop owner made the same recommendation and I've never looked back. Rip Cord is great too. Any inaccuracy in my shooting is related to arrow selection and the bow I'm using and completely unrelated to my rest. By the way, I'm confidently shooting at 70 yards.

I used the WB for quite a few years when I lived in MO and hunted primarily in treestands, Now that I'm in NV i went to a drop away. I tried the QAD for a couple of years but now I have the Trophy Ridge revolution. So far I am impressed with the functionality of the revolution but I will admit that the QAD is more user friendly. If you hunt primarily in treestands I would stay with the biscuit.

Well, just to update, I ended up getting a used Ripcord Code Red from Archery Talk. Put it on my Elite Pure, took about 30 shots and decided drop-aways are not for me!

Nothing wrong with it. It worked perfectly. Seem pretty bulletproof. But.... I just didn't like the extra step of having to flip up the arrow rest "v" thingy. I know, seems trivial, but I that or the fact I had to re-flip the rest up every time I let down. It shot great for me, but it definitely didn't seem to "improve" my groups. Maybe with more shooting, who knows.

Anyway, it's back to the good-old Whisker Biscuit for me. So, if anyone wants an excellent-condition Ripcord for $55 tyd (that's what I paid on AT), then pm me. The cord length is 5.5" when not extended.

Emrah

P.S. I'll probably list this in the For Sale section as well.

You don't have to reset all drop aways like you do with that one, the Trophy taker rises and falls with the draw and release of the arrow.

Meh... Problem solved. Already sold on AT. Already have a Biscuit installed and loving it. Serves me right for trying new things...

Emrah

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back