Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Bull Elk mounting process

Here's some pictures of the final product. Note: there are some distortions in the coloring due to the flash and other reflections.

DSC01357.JPG

DSC01376.JPG

DSC01364.JPG

DSC01370.JPG

DSC01401.JPG

Agree....looks great. So how long did the total process take, how many hrs did you have in it ?

Wow, gorgeous mount to a deserving specimen. A great trophy for your son.

You're going to make that live bull you posted a photo of earlier in this thread jealous, your completed mount looks more life-like than he does. Great looking work!

Agree....looks great. So how long did the total process take, how many hrs did you have in it ?

I didn't keep track of the time spent on this. But, I'm fairly certain that I put about 30-hours in on the project starting with skinning the cape off the head of the bull. Work on the ears bogged me down for a while longer than usual, due to them being so torn and beat up from fighting. Even the good ear needed extra work to patch holes and tears. I'm sure I spent more time grooming this guy than I used to, due to the fact that I really have all the time in the world to work on this kind of project. Only mounting three animals this winter.

Thanks, for all the interest and kind comments. I've enjoyed giving you guys a brief look at what goes into a job of this magnitude.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back