Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Browning bar mk II safari value?

brocksw

It’s been several years since I was a gun seller at a local sporting goods store, so I’ve lost touch on rifle values not named tikka. Prices on gunbroker are kind of all over the map.

Browning Bar Mk II Safari in .243 win. Excellent condition, with scuffing on one spot in the forearm. Not even 100 rounds through it. Not sure on year exactly but it fairly certain it’s late 90s early 00s.

What’s a good asking price in a private sale? TIA

IMG_6856.jpeg
IMG_6854.jpeg

Thats a good looking rifle, did yours come in a fitted case?

I'm not a gun value expert, but I've always felt that 20% is a fair hit to take on a used modern firearm . So anything above $800 seems reasonable to me for that one

everything I can find says these are at 1449 new. So that would put it at ~1150.

If there was a case I don’t have it. I’m not the original owner though.

everything I can find says these are at 1449 new. So that would put it at ~1150.

If there was a case I don’t have it. I’m not the original owner though.
They've been discontinued and new old stock pops up occasionally. MSRP was $1449 and up depending on caliber and finish, Its definitely a sellers market for quality Brownings. Listing below is current.Screenshot_20231227_192037.jpg

Always an option. But I’ll never shoot it and god knows if I take it hunting it won’t look like that anymore. Not a big fan of safe queens unless they belonged to my family. Figured I’d sell it to fund a workin rifle.
I get that.

It’s been several years since I was a gun seller at a local sporting goods store, so I’ve lost touch on rifle values not named tikka. Prices on gunbroker are kind of all over the map.

Browning Bar Mk II Safari in .243 win. Excellent condition, with scuffing on one spot in the forearm. Not even 100 rounds through it. Not sure on year exactly but it fairly certain it’s late 90s early 00s.

What’s a good asking price in a private sale? TIA

View attachment 308092
View attachment 308093
Best way to get a ball park value of a firearm is to look on Gunbroker.

This.Gunbroker Advanced search under completed items. Guns America can be pretty misleading at times.
Gunbroker is all over the map. There's a beat up used 270 listed for 900, and ones that look exactly like mine in a different cartridges for over 2k. I think some of the big cartridges were harder to find, so I expect them to be a little higher in value. There's three 30-06's all listed in the 1450-1700 range. Another 270 in good condition for 1700. And another 30-06 thats a little more used than mine, but still in good condition, thats got 4 hrs left of the auction and it's just over 1k right now.

Gunbroker is all over the map. There's a beat up used 270 listed for 900, and ones that look exactly like mine in a different cartridges for over 2k. I think some of the big cartridges were harder to find, so I expect them to be a little higher in value. There's three 30-06's all listed in the 1450-1700 range. Another 270 in good condition for 1700. And another 30-06 thats a little more used than mine, but still in good condition, thats got 4 hrs left of the auction and it's just over 1k right now.
Yah you can't go off asking price. You have to do the search on completed items shows what they sold for not what somebody hopes to get.

Most seem to be around the $1250 to $1450 mark with a nice scope. If I had to put a price on it I think your close around $950 to $1050?

Browning has discontinued all of the Safari models for 2024. They will still make the MK3's and such. Hold on for a year or two and the value should increase. Otherwise I think Nick87 is spot on at $1K, depending on market of course.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back