Caribou Gear

Broadheads hitting left only at longer distances?

Bhoesl

Just switched over to my broadheads and getting my bow sighted in for them. Everything is dead on at 20 yards but when I back up to 30 or 40, they’re hitting to the left. My sight doesn’t allow left-right adjustment of individual pins, only the whole bracket. What else can I do to correct this?
Thanks

Bump your rest one way or the other until you broadheads and field points hit together at all yardages.
Just did this recently after a fresh tune. Broadheads and field points only 1/2” apart. But this was also with G5 broadheads. Tooth of the Arrow broadheads did not shoot well.

It seems to only be with the broadheads. Field points were hitting good at all distances. Broadheads hit same as field points at 20, but then about 4-6” left at 30 and 40.
Very well could just be my form…

It seems to only be with the broadheads. Field points were hitting good at all distances. Broadheads hit same as field points at 20, but then about 4-6” left at 30 and 40.
Very well could just be my form…
then you’re close to being tuned, but not on the gnats azz yet.

Micro-adjust screw is your friend.

This chart should help. A little adjustment goes along ways with BH tuning. Make an adjustment see where they hit then rezero sight after getting them to impact the same point IMG_8139.png

You’re looking for this result. This was one bh and one fp @ 90yds tonight. IMG_8138.jpeg

Wow, that’s some impressive shooting! Thanks for the advice everyone, sounds like I’ll try some slight adjustments of the rest tomorrow.

Tooth of the Arrow broadheads did not shoot well.
This was my experience. No matter I did I couldn't get these heads to shoot straight or even consistent for that matter. Shot 3 other brands of broadheads and those 3 flew great. I don't know what it is with them.

This was my experience. No matter I did I couldn't get these heads to shoot straight or even consistent for that matter. Shot 3 other brands of broadheads and those 3 flew great. I don't know what it is with them.
It’s almost like shooting a rock screwed onto the bow. They grouped well when you shoot but they just don’t flipping group with field points whatsoever.

This chart should help. A little adjustment goes along ways with BH tuning. Make an adjustment see where they hit then rezero sight after getting them to impact the same point View attachment 287278

You’re looking for this result. This was one bh and one fp @ 90yds tonight. View attachment 287279
That picture is giving me an inferiority complex.

If your broadheads are spinning true, then...

It’s not your sight- it’s your rest. The arrows aren’t coming out perfectly straight, and the broadhead catches more air than a fieldpoint, so it flies farther from center before the fletchings can correct the flight- some people call it “broadheads planing”, but it’s the rest being out of tune for how you shoot your bow. So shoot a broadhead, then a field point (so your broadhead doesn’t cut fletching on your other arrow). Move the rest from broadhead impact towards field point impact. Be warned that you will not be hitting where you were sighted in before. Rinse and repeat until you have everything dialed in.

Last edited:
Also could be that your inserts aren’t square with your arrow. Having a broadhead not square to your arrow can cause planing like you have that won’t show up with field points.

Another thing to consider is having the proper spine stiffness. Too weak or too stiff of an arrow can cause this issue that you’re having as well.

Back