Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bowhunting

Bill Christy

I can remember back in the day when I was young and full of pi** and vinegar, and putting cams on hunting bows was a brand new idea. I took up bowhunter for more time in the field hunting. I owned a Black Bear II with glass limbs and a cam at each end. I would hunt northern NM for mule deer like a possessed banshee. I'd cover 5-10 miles a day always wanting to see whats in the next mountainside and field. Although I was good at finding game, I blew them out more times than I care to remember. I wasn't that good at stocking within range for a shot. For every tag filled, I left ten tags unfilled. Although I was an excellent shot (out to 40 yards), trying to close the distance was the issue. I finally gave up bowhunting and resided myself to rifle hunting which suited me fine. I've always been a top marksman with a rifle. Heck, I received the expert marksman ribbon while in the Air Force. I've found that distance has been my camo and friend. Nowadays, my Remington 30-06 has been my best friend. Shooting 0-400 yards, my 180 grain ammo does everything I ask of it. Since having to replace my dominant shoulder, I've had to add a muzzle break to my rifle barrel to calm the recoil down. FUN TIMES!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back